Bentley uses Mobil 1 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought everyone would like to know that I e-mailed Bentley yesterday and asked what oil they use for factory fill? Here is their response:

quote:

Yes you are correct we use Mobil 1 0W40 for both the 6.75ltr V8 and the Twin Turbo W12.

Best regards,

James Barclay
Public Relations Manager, Product Communications

I believe the late model Dodge Vipers also call for 0-40W. Does that mean the owners can use Rotella from Wal-Mart?
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by greaseball:
I believe the late model Dodge Vipers also call for 0-40W. Does that mean the owners can use Rotella from Wal-Mart?
cool.gif

I don't think Rotella T Synthetic 5w40 would be a bad choice for a Viper, but I would not use regular Rotella T 15w40.

Mobil 1 0w40 is also factory fill for the Chrysler 300C SRT/8.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I'd never use that water-thin oil in any of my vehicles.
nono.gif

You've been on here long enough to know better than this. There is nothing "water thin" about a 0w40 oil. At operating temps a 0w40 is a 40wt, plain and simple. At colder temps this oil behaves like a 0w oil, which is highly desirable.

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I'd never use that water-thin oil in any of my vehicles.
nono.gif

You've been on here long enough to know better than this. There is nothing "water thin" about a 0w40 oil. At operating temps a 0w40 is a 40wt, plain and simple. At colder temps this oil behaves like a 0w oil, which is highly desirable.

lol.gif
lol.gif

40wt that's molasses
wink.gif

quote:

cool.gif

I'd step it up a notch or two from the Rotella and use Mobil 1 Truck and SUV 5W40. It's a full synthetic compared to the hydrocracked Shell.

quote:

Originally posted by 99:

quote:

cool.gif

I'd step it up a notch or two from the Rotella and use Mobil 1 Truck and SUV 5W40. It's a full synthetic compared to the hydrocracked Shell.

The XHVI base oil used to make Rotella T synthetic is not "hydrocracked." It's a wax isomerate.

seem s to me Iread that PAO syns gum up in the presence of water i.e., short trips... Alledgedy the add pack counters this but thwarts long mileage oil changes.

True or not?

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Miller:
seem s to me Iread that PAO syns gum up in the presence of water i.e., short trips... Alledgedy the add pack counters this but thwarts long mileage oil changes.

True or not?

Not true.

Mobil 1 0W-40 is also factory fill on all Porsche, Aston Martin and Mercedes-AMG cars according to the Mobil brochure I have.

quote:

Originally posted by Paranoil:
Mobil 1 0W-40 is also factory fill on all Porsche, Aston Martin and Mercedes-AMG cars according to the Mobil brochure I have.

They don't have Aston Martin any longer. Castrol got the factory fill contract in the deal when they became a sponsor of the Aston Martin racing team. In fact, Castrol is now factory fill in all of Ford's high end brands: Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo.

quote:

The XHVI base oil used to make Rotella T synthetic is not "hydrocracked." It's a wax isomerate.

And pray tell just how are those waxy distillates isomerized to eXtra High Viscosity Index (aka, Group III) base oils?
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:

quote:

And pray tell just how are those waxy distillates isomerized to eXtra High Viscosity Index (aka, Group III) base oils?
wink.gif

By isomerization, which is not the same thing as hydrocracking. Isomerization involves the molecular rearrangement of like substances, in this case slack wax into pure paraffinic base oil. Hydrocraking is the actual breaking (cracking) of carbon-carbon bonds and in the case of base oil production involves the destruction of the less desirable aromatic compounds and other impurities (which are not even present in the slack wax feedstock used for making XHVI). Hydrocraking is but one step used in the production of Group II and III base oils, where the feedstock is the VGO from the distiller. The next step is in fact isomerazation where the wax components produced by the hydrocracking are converted. (Hence Chevron's trademark term for their hydrocracked base oil: IsoSyn.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back