Belly fat

I am sure many guys here have belly fat. In some cases it leads to visceral fat and possibly fatty liver. My DR said 70% of his older patients have a fatty liver.

And I don't drink beer or any alcohol and I only have something sweet (cake, ice cream, candy, cookies) a handful of times a year, mostly at a BDAY get together.

Trying to loose weight and reduce BMI.

Anyone else have similar health issues and found solutions beyond just loosing weight.

Low carb, high fiber, high fat will melt those pounds away.

Turn that USDA Food Pyramid upside down and enjoy life.

Healthy and keto food pyramid (2019_06_30 16_19_06 UTC).jpg

I am sure many guys here have belly fat. In some cases it leads to visceral fat and possibly fatty liver. My DR said 70% of his older patients have a fatty liver.

And I don't drink beer or any alcohol and I only have something sweet (cake, ice cream, candy, cookies) a handful of times a year, mostly at a BDAY get together.

Trying to loose weight and reduce BMI.

Anyone else have similar health issues and found solutions beyond just loosing weight.
1. Weigh what your BMI says you should
2. Belly fat mostly comes from carbohydrates = junk food, pasta, pizza, white bread products, snacks, pretzels, chips.

Join a gym (OrangeTheory) or research online cardio workouts, even fast walking around your area for 5 miles every few days followed by some at home exercises. Yeah, as you get older you can lose weight to be at your proper BMI (which you need to do first) but once you are there you may still have flab and need to work out a little.

I agree with Shoz to a point, cut out the carbs, why our government puts that in there drives me nuts! bread, pasta, cereals are a NO. Carbs are also turned into sugar = diabetes

With that said I do not agree with a lot of the other chart either. Im not a fan of the keto method.
This is what I do. I keep it simple, dont need a "diet" I need protein and vitamins (fruit, yogurt, small fat free milk)

No snacks, but I will have a treat after dinner, evening watching TV. No sugar added low-fat Activa yogurt or yasso frozen yogurt bar.
Dinner = protein sources - fish and chicken or super lean red meat or pork once in a while. Broccoli and Stringbeans

Nuts of all kinds but limit it, LOADED with calories
All kinds of fruit
I normally try for one meal a day but if I do have a lunch/breakfast its Post shredded wheat and a fruit and a one a day type mens vitamin.
NEVER any soda, junk food, chips and ... well we all know what is junk food whether we admit it or not.

With all the above said, I do have one weekend night where "anything goes" Out to dinner I can have anything I want. I do find though, if you do the above it becomes over time more of a lifestyle and even on anything goes weekend night you may find yourself not wanting to overstuff yourself with unhealthy junk because it makes you feel sick.

Ok, I am posting my Lipid Panel from Dec 2021 to kind of add some creditability that I am not just blowing smoke. BTW - these numbers are ever so slightly higher than my early Nov Lipid Panel (not posted here) After all this is right smack in the middle of the holiday season that this test was done. Normally my Total Cholesterol is 98 to 100
Im kind of proud of it, my family history is a disaster and I am looking and working to avoid it.
BTW- even though my Cholesterol was always on the low side (but not this low) my good HDL was always on the low side too which isnt good. Exercise took care of this, since joining OrangeTheory only 4 weeks before this test my good shot up around 25%.
Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 5.55.57 PM.png

One last thing, "diets" dont work. What is a diet? Its an excuse to lose weight then go back to the way you normally eat and gain it right back.
The only thing that works is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. Forget about going on a diet, if you eat properly the weight will take care of itself.

BTW - this is not a knock on Keto or Mediterranean diet to me, those are a lifestyle, not a lose weight quick scheme.
I would say my eating habits/lifestyle are aligned with the Mediterranean diet/lifestyle. I REALLY have come to enjoy it. Its fun actually.

Sorry for the long post, Im really passionate about this having watched heart disease and diabetes ravage some family members.
This is what I look to follow = https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/nutrition-basics/mediterranean-diet

Last edited:
2. Belly fat mostly comes from carbohydrates = junk food, pasta, pizza, white bread products, snacks, pretzels, chips.

Join a gym (OrangeTheory) or research online cardio workouts, even fast walking around your area for 5 miles every few days followed by a some at home exercises. Yeah, as you get older you can lose weight to be at your proper BMI (which you need to do first) but once you are there you may still have flab and need to work out a little.

I agree with Shoz to a point, cut out the carbs, why our government puts that in there drives me nuts! bread, pasta, cereals are a NO. Carbs are also turned into sugar = diabetes

With that said I do not agree with a lot of the other chart either. Im not a fan of the keto method.
This is what I do. I keep it simple, dont need a "diet" I need protein and vitamins (fruit, yogurt, small fat free milk)

No snacks, but I will have a treat after dinner, evening watching TV. No sugar added low-fat Activa yogurt or yasso frozen yogurt bar.
Dinner = protein sources - fish and chicken or super lean red meat or pork once in a while. Broccoli and Stringbeans

Nuts of all kinds but limit it, LOADED with calories
All kinds of fruit
I normally try for one meal a day but if I do have a lunch/breakfast its Post shredded wheat and a fruit and a one a day type mens vitamin.
NEVER any soda, junk food, chips and ... well we all know what is junk food whether we admit it or not.

With all the above said, I do have one weekend night where "anything goes" Out to dinner I can have anything I want. I do find though, if you do the above it becomes over time more of a lifestyle and even on anything goes weekend night you may find yourself not wanting to overstuff yourself with unhealthy junk because it makes you feel sick.

Ok, I am posting my Lipid Panel from Dec 2021 to kind of add some creditability that I am not just blowing smoke.
Im kind of proud of it, my family history is a disaster and I am looking and working to avoid it.
View attachment 88404
How about the liver enzymes from blood test?

Liposuction and perhaps tummy tuck(more scaring) is the way to go.

Get back to "zero" then eat healthy. When your BMI is too high, that is like paying $100k for a home that has a $300k lean on it.

How about the liver enzymes from blood test?
Ask and you shall receive!

I have one number elevated, doctor not concerned. If you research which I did, it can be caused by intense physical activity which it coincides EXACTLY when I started OrangeTheory which is so intense it would take days to recover before my next class *LOL* but now that I have been doing it a few months I only need maybe a day to recover... *LOL*
In fact, here is the WHOLE shooting match! (the one high number from 12/3/21 might be a result from the workouts I started exactly on the week of the last test 11/10/21

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 11.21.54 AM.png

Exercise and diet are key. As we get older the pounds are harder to get off.

Instead of three big meals a day go with four small meals and a snack if needed. As already mentioned, watch your fat and carb intake. Reduce portion sizes. Americans eat big and we show it.

Ask and you shall receive!

I have one number elevated, doctor not concerned. If you research which I did, it can be caused by intense physical activity which it coincides EXACTLY when I started OrangeTheory which is so intense it would take days to recover before my next class *LOL* but now that I have been doing it a few months I only need maybe a day to recover... *LOL*
In fact, here is the WHOLE shooting match! (the one high number from 12/3/21 might be a result from the workouts I started exactly on the week of the last test 11/10/21

View attachment 88405
Is there a reason you're getting your liver blood work tested 4 times a year?

Liposuction and perhaps tummy tuck(more scaring) is the way to go.

Get back to "zero" then eat healthy. When your BMI is too high, that is like paying $100k for a home that has a $300k lean on it.
I'm not aware of any evidence that liposuction (to get rid of tummy fat) is good your health. In fact the plastic surgeons who do that procedure where I trained say it doesn't have a beneficial health effect. Good for your appearance though.

It would have a benefit if there is chaffing between the folds of your abdominal fat and you're so big you can't see where the bleeding is coming from. I've seen that.

Food manufacturers know how to make low and no fat products and they sell pretty good. Next step is to include low or no carb ingredients along with the low/no fat in the same items. Anyone that can make something like that which still tastes good, will be rich.

Exercise and diet are key. As we get older the pounds are harder to get off.

Instead of three big meals a day go with four small meals and a snack if needed. As already mentioned, watch your fat and carb intake. Reduce portion sizes. Americans eat big and we show it.
I can show you how to eat huge meals and pound of weight portion size will not mater calories do.

BMI chart doesn't work for athletes, or large framed people.
And it's been scientifically proven that certain foods don't put fat in certain places. :rolleyes:

Low carb, high fiber, high fat will melt those pounds away.

Turn that USDA Food Pyramid upside down and enjoy life.

View attachment 88403
This is better.

Fasted (ie, haven’t eaten or drank anything calorically in 6-8hours ) walking is great for burning fat. Weight lifting with compound moves is great as well. Go heavy if you are able.

Activity is just as important as diet.

Great time to link this thread. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/48-hours-into-no-refined-sugar-products.348888/

Throwing my hat in the ring here.. I'm down from either 256 or 257lbs in late November 2021... to 238.8lbs the last two times I have stepped on the scale.

I would type more but my legs are burning and my job has made me SLEEPY. About to make a post about how I was "continuing my sugar detox at work".. my fast-paced physical job.. and wow am SUPER tired.

Back