BATFE Proposing to ban M855 ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
There is only one solution for this and that is for all the people who stay home at election time to vote.

I do agree with you. But I have no illusions that what you are suggesting won't happen.

I am 69 y.o. and I really don't care what they do about firearms. No one will collect mine. And enough people in this country feel the same way. The government won't be able to buy enough body bags or replacement "gun confiscators" to fill them..so why worry??

Last edited:
They know that, which is why even relatively minor changes need the type of attention this proposal brought upon itself. It's why court cases are so important, they set precedent that can change the legal landscape for decades. The DC v Heller decision is a good example.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Liberals will just wait....the millennial generation will allow them to disarm the country.

I don't know....some of the most severe "mall ninja" gun enthusiasts I know are millennial. They all play Call of Duty and Battlefield and love their tacticool AR15's.

Liberals will just wait....the millennial generation will allow them to disarm the country.
History suggests past gens are the ones to blame. All of these laws are 30+ years old. People these days are much more accepting of military style gear. I use to walk around gunshows 20 years ago with an underfolder AK just to see all the dirty looks. I remember arguing with a dealer one time. He said ARs were OK but AKs should be banned. LOL.

Bottom line is people have been saying how bad the next gen is going to be for thousands of years.

Last edited:
Been in the fight too long [I am 62] and regardless of the level of education the majority of voters are gullible and easy to fool..

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

I don't know....some of the most severe "mall ninja" gun enthusiasts I know are millennial. They all play Call of Duty and Battlefield and love their tacticool AR15's.

How many of the video gamers actually own a firearm? Not many in my estimation.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Been in the fight too long [I am 62] and regardless of the level of education the majority of voters are gullible and easy to fool..

+1 they fall for all of the anti-gunner media hype. "Would you want your children threatened by an assault rifle??" Rubbish.

How many of the video gamers actually own a firearm? Not many in my estimation.

Probably true, but what's scary is when they do get a real gun in their hands they think they are still in a video game.

Here is two facts you can hopefully use to rest your worries somewhat. Gun control is the least popular it has been since they started polling on it. Violence is near a 40 year low despite the sunset of AWB of 94 and the proliferation of guns like the AR15.

In my honest opinion people were more gun grabber friendly in the 80's and early 90's than now.

Last edited:
Here is two facts you can hopefully use to rest your worries somewhat. Gun control is the least popular it has been since they started polling on it. Violence is near a 40 year low despite the sunset of AWB of 94 and the proliferation of guns like the AR15.
In my honest opinion people were more gun grabber friendly in the 80's and early 90's than now.

Yeah..my opinion is tainted since I live in Cleveland. Gang bangers banging it out every day here. Today a gunfight at 3:00pm. I want to move away from all of this ASAP.

Yeah..my opinion is tainted since I live in Cleveland. Gang bangers banging it out every day here. Today a gunfight at 3:00pm. I want to move away from all of this ASAP.

I completely understand that desire to get out of there!

But the gang bangers don't use rifles. Too cumbersome, not concealable.

So, banning the import of M1 Garands from Korea, ostensibly "to keep our streets safe" is specious and deliberately misleading. I doubt most of those punks could even figure out how to load an en-bloc clip in one of those old rifles.

Like banning M855, banning those M1s was done under the guise of public safety. But though its an effective weapon, like most rifles, it's just not the choice of gangs...and not a threat to the police or citizens caught confronting them....

Last edited:
Gang bangers like cheap and disposable guns they can conceal. Most cops will tell you that evidence lockers tend to be full of sub 300 dollar when new handguns like Hi Points, Sigmas, etc.

Doog...I would get out of there too. Some places are just bad(Chicago for instance), but the country as a whole is safer these days then 40 years ago.

Too bad the President will nominate another one just like him.

Yeah but that will become a long time confirming....2016 is getting closer every day.

Until then there will be an acting director that was likely put in place by the outgoing director and likely shares his ideology. These directors tend to stack the agencies with "their kind of people"

Until then there will be an acting director that was likely put in place by the outgoing director and likely shares his ideology. These directors tend to stack the agencies with "their kind of people"

Probably...but they will go silent until after the election because the whole issue is so volatile...unless Obama just decides to "use his pen" and do an executive order. Which would be a politically difficult for the next Democratic candidate.

I think the resignation is evidence that they will go silent until 2017 and the current director didn't want to be "parked " at that agency doing nothing for two years just to get replaced in 2017 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back