Barn find! Go back to basics.

check out those crazy panel gaps...

1681324410916.jpg

I remember way back when I read an article in some car magazine about a guy that raced his Yugo in NHRA Stock eliminator and he towed it to the track with a Yugo.

My Brother-In-Law used to work at a Nissan / Subaru / Yugo dealership.

At that time, if you bought a 300ZX with no discount...they would throw in the Yugo in the deal for free!

I personally don't think a Yugo with 88,000 miles for $25 dollars is a deal...let alone for $2,500. But...that's me.

Ed

Back in the '80's there was a fuel crisis. A Cadillac dealership on Staten Island offered a Yugo free with any Caddy purchase.
I've heard that joke from coast to coast
We didn't have a Caddy dealer, although that sounds like a Villa Marin thing to do 🤔
Could've been Potamkin? They had the most hilarious commercials
I'm 50/50 on a Yugo or Cimarron as an affordable classic 😂

Back in the late 80s-early 90s, I was living in the city of Dallas. I was friends with a girl whose dad was a big-wig for a large company there. This guy drove an early Yugo as his work car. One must remember that early Yugos did not have AC. (The later models did, but they had some issues.....) As you know, it can get pretty hot during the summer in Dallas. Several times, I remember him getting out of his Yugo after he came home from work and his suit and tie were pretty wet. :cool:
I'm pretty sure at this time that the car has close to 100K trouble-free miles, except the tail lights didn't always work. He told me that he had hooked the wiring at one time and that it was his fault.

Back in the '80's there was a fuel crisis. A Cadillac dealership on Staten Island offered a Yugo free with any Caddy purchase.
Yugos came to the US just as that crisis was ending, in 1986. They appeared within months of the Hyundai Excel... we know how that went.

Malcolm Bricklin was the official importer of the Yugo.

Back in the late 80s-early 90s, I was living in the city of Dallas. I was friends with a girl whose dad was a big-wig for a large company there. This guy drove an early Yugo as his work car. One must remember that early Yugos did not have AC. (The later models did, but they had some issues.....) As you know, it can get pretty hot during the summer in Dallas. Several times, I remember him getting out of his Yugo after he came home from work and his suit and tie were pretty wet. :cool:
I'm pretty sure at this time that the car has close to 100K trouble-free miles, except the tail lights didn't always work. He told me that he had hooked the wiring at one time and that it was his fault.

Contemporary Dallas road test of a Yugo
I pity the fool who had to bake in the traffic heat 😲

$5900 in 1988 is about ~15k in today's money
Come back Mitsubishi Mirage, all is forgiven 😭

How do you double the value of your Yugo? ....fill the tank.

What do you call a convertible Yugo? ....a baby carriage (pram in the UK)

The commercial above cited 25 mpg. I wonder what a "modern engine" of the same power output could achieve.

"Mr. Gorbachev....take back these Yugos"

I remember reading the Consumer Reports article about the Yugo. It was quite hostile! One detail I remembered from the article was the way the hot/cold lever on the HVAC panel had a spring attached behind it and the spring was so tight it tended to pull the lever back in the opposite direction as soon as you were finished adjusting it. "No heat for you!"

Back