Not a unicorn, but these can't be that common...

I thought I saw one ( 1) XC station wagon, not the suv, or 2) an AWD V60, 70 or whatever it was ).
Volvo had lots of I5/I6 transverse engines, not sure it’s been terribly recent however. When the wife and I were shopping for a 6+ passenger crossover a few years ago we seriously considered an XC-90.

The turbo model was out of the question as it came equipped with a problematic GM transmission, the alternative was the I6. When I looked under the hood of one while car shopping, the XC-90 dropped off the list real quick. I do my own work/maintenance on my vehicles and working on that transverse I6 looked no fun at all. Add the cost of expensive replacement parts and it was a deal breaker.

congrats to them then. I remember when most us said it couldnt B done. Now I hada wolwo i5, but not transverse. It and the i6
have been done so as U say. This since the chinese ownership? Sounds not (was back in Gothenburg ownership/build daze)?

The XC-90 or 'big suv' has lill interest here so I will not go further there. I like their small vehicles (coupla lill wagons or hatches).
Just checkin-in on the transvers 5'n 6s,
WoW, krazy~

Back