Bar soap: which one do you use?

I used Irish spring for years in the shower and lava for the garage. As I’ve aged I moved liquid soap, usually old spice swagger. It’s also easier for camping and to put in my hockey and referee bags for post event showers. One thing I can’t stand is a wet softened bar of soap

Just my $0.02

Given the choices I see for soap. I don't trust ANY oil recommendations on here anymore - ever again.

Imported British Pears (made in India)

Thanks for reminding me that I have to order up some. But I may have to swim out to a container barge to get it.

View attachment 80613
It's not like we're using pumice stones and following up with a spritz of Windex for the irritated parts... :LOL:

Dial Basics, when I can find it. It's usually either sold out locally nowadays or it costs a fortune online. And that's dumb because there's nothing to it and it should be like 50 cents a bar.

I've found that once you go to less perfume-y soaps for a while, using anything else makes it smell like you were involved in an unfortunate Bath & Body Works explosion. I don't know how I used Lever 2000 for so long but it makes my eyes water and my skin itch now.

I'm a sucker for a clever ad campaign so I'd love to try one of the 'Big Ass Brick of Soap' from Duke Cannon but anything I smelled at Duluth Trading seemed too heavy for my tastes.

So manly! :)

Well isn't this a daisy. I had to log in to reply to you good folks. After many year of using irish spring body wash, and dial, I've found Old Spice Swagger body wash to be more superior. Not only does the toxic masculine smell make other non dominant feminine smelling men convulse in fear, it also removes oil grease and grime so much better.

I use plain old DOVE soap. Use LAVA soap at work as it’s great for degreasing hands.
I usually just use good ole Irish Spring because its cheap. Lately I tried some Mrs Meyer's Clean Day bar soap and its quite good. Its expensive but its got a nice scent to it.

We keep some bar soap on hand (off brand Dove) for when we run out of body wash. Bar soap isn’t good for your shower walls or your drains.

Well isn't this a daisy. I had to log in to reply to you good folks. After many year of using irish spring body wash, and dial, I've found Old Spice Swagger body wash to be more superior. Not only does the toxic masculine smell make other non dominant feminine smelling men convulse in fear, it also removes oil grease and grime so much better.
Do you have to fight the wife to use it though? ;)

Tried using those liquid body washes for men but always felt greasy after a shower. :(

Depends on what you use. Dove Men+Care body/face wash contains petroleum jelly as a moisturizer. I tried watering it down in a foaming hand soap dispenser, and I saw the petroleum jelly clumping in the container. Whatever keeps the petroleum jelly in suspension doesn't seem to work once it's watered down. Here's an ingredient list:

0001111101412_3_A9C1_0600.png

But a detergent based body wash may actually work better and rinse off cleaner. And the big thing for me is no soap scum to clean off.

Back