Bar soap: which one do you use?

Been using Duke Cannons Big A$$ Brick Bay Rum Soap, this is a big bar of soap that lasts and lasts and it smells great. ;)

Last edited:
I gave up on bar soap. All it does is grunge up the walls of the shower. Leaves film everywhere, which then you have to use chemicals to cut, or scrub off.

It's all body wash for me now. Dial for Men.
Including the drains. Bar soap seems to harden up there also. I guess it's the fats in the bar soap.

I gave up on bar soap. All it does is grunge up the walls of the shower. Leaves film everywhere, which then you have to use chemicals to cut, or scrub off.

It's all body wash for me now. Dial for Men.
That is interesting, had not heard of that. Not sure that is reason enough for me to switch, but it's interesting nevertheless. I use Comet in the shower to deal with soap scum and have to snake the drain once in a while (but the wife has long hair and that seems to be what gets caught), but it sure would be nice to not have to scrub the shower.

Been using Irish Spring (? green box, know it by sight now) for decades.

I've been using Lever 2000 or Dial for 25+ years. I was having trouble with boils continually coming up on my body all those years ago. I saw a dermatologist and they told me to start using anti-bacterial soap. Back then Lever 2000 and Dial were the easiest to find so I've just stuck with them. Since I started using anti bacterial soap I've probably had less than 10 boils in the past 25 years. Before I was probably having 10 within a 6 month time frame, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. They'd often take several weeks to heal and some of them got so bad before healing they left scars.

12 yrs ago, my Phys therapist advised me to use Dove to keep my hands and arms moisturized. She used her skills to prevent lymphedema in my right arm post-op

Irish Spring - the original kind. I'm not happy unless the top layer of epidermis has been completely desquamated! Actually, I want to order the 4% chlorhexidine packets used to scrub-in for surgery. I use those at the Hospital for my hands but had to use one as a body scrub for surgery and it was awesome.

So clean...

Back