Bar soap: which one do you use?

My wife is always buying stuff at Bath & Body Works at the mall and gets me the men's stuff when it goes on sale. But I'll buy stuff at the store myself. I'm finishing up the Arm & Hammer and then moving on to Mr. Manly from Somerset Toiletry until it's time for the moisturizing stuff I need to combat the dry winter.

Yardley Oatmeal and Almond was the last bar soap I used. I don't know if the Dollar Tree still sells it.

Every Man Jack body wash Sandlewood scented is my current choice. The brand seems expensive but it goes much further ounce per ounce
than any other liquid body soap in my experience.

Old Spice has a few really nice smelling liquid body wash soaps.

Been using Duke Cannons Big A$$ Brick Bay Rum Soap, this is a big bar of soap that lasts and lasts and it smells great. ;)
I see that at my local Marshall's often. Might have to pick up that brand body wash if they have it.

Classic joke Christmas gift for a guy:

610jVJIhf9L._SL1000_.jpg

Including the drains. Bar soap seems to harden up there also. I guess it's the fats in the bar soap.

Not just bar soap, but any kind of real soap including liquid soap. It has a tendency to harden and then turn into soap scum when in contact with minerals in the water. It gets really bad with hard water, but I've got fairly soft water and I still see it.

The solution is to use detergents. Most "hand soap" is really just detergents. So is most shampoo.

We can't use Dial or any other antibacterial soap here, it's not good for the septic tank.

It's different now. Dial used to contain triclocarban (bar version I think) or triclosan (liquid although that wasn't real soap). Strike it - they had to get rid of it because it's banned now in the United States. The antibacterial ingredient now is benzalkonium chloride or benzethonium chloride. Not sure if that would really affect a septic tank since (like alcohol) it's all about a high enough concentration leading to bacteria bursting.

It's probably not a problem as long as it doesn't accumulate. But I suppose it's not recommended.

Dove Men+Care Charcoal and Clay or Extra Fresh

Harry's Redwood body wash

I saw someone mention residue in the shower. I haven't had an issue with any of the Dove men's bar soap leaving a residue but I did notice Harry's bar soap was terrible about this. Chalky dry film all around the lower part of the shower when it dried.

Back