Bam wrx dead. Need a suitable rep

Very big fan of the Golf R. I have driven an RS3 imo not worth the extra money. The exhaust sound is unique but it's meh overall. Car still feels low end/VW ish for $65k. S4 feels much more substantial.

CPO 2018 and up Audi S4s can be had for under 50k. I believe C43 AMGs are there too and a M340i have just started dipping below 50k. You might even be able to find a left over 2020 S4 Premium for just under 50k new.

What about a new CLA35 AMG?

This.

I'm very surprised about the "chick magnet" responses. None of the women I've dated have cared one bit about the cars I drive, which is how it should be. If they date you because of your car then you have bigger (or maybe smaller) problems.

Obligatory:

Hummer-now-everyone-will-know0.jpg

Hummer-now-everyone-will-know2.jpg

My girlfriend dislikes cars like that. She prefers trucks and SUVs. She saw pix of my z06 and 370z and was visibly disgusted by "the small cars".
Hahaha, too funny. My wife drives the 2009 F150 and actively sneers and puts down drivers of Smart Cars. She hates them with every fiber of her being. It's a good thing we have dark FL window tint, so the nearby Smart Car drivers are oblivious to her antics.

My late friend used to mercilessly joke with my wife that I would purchase a Fiat 500 for her birthday.... Man, that got the fireworks started..... :)

I much prefer sports cars. The more power it has, the better the handling and steering response, and the easier I can drive it like I stole it, the happier I am. I have no need to make noise and the Tesla Model 3 performance really is a lot of fun for a guy like me. (I don't own one but I do get to drive them regularly) OP, have you considered the Model 3?
7ZKJOAC2VREODCA5FHIQ6BPWCY.JPG

IMG_9675-e1572949287799.jpg

This is true. I'm being taxed more, paying for people's welfare, and worked harder. I know I am more...irascible...in all aspects of life because of it.
Completely empathize, you and me both. My goals for '21 are simply stated: manage the challenges, stay positive, and make forward progress. Probably will spend a fair amount of time with my head down wondering wth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ws6
Hahaha, too funny. My wife drives the 2009 F150 and actively sneers and puts down drivers of Smart Cars. She hates them with every fiber of her being. It's a good thing we have dark FL window tint, so the nearby Smart Car drivers are oblivious to her antics.
Knew one guy from the UK who bought a Smart car a while ago. We kept making fun of him about paying full price for half a car. I think he got rid of it after only a year or two. It probably appealed to him because they're used to smaller cars in the UK.

What you want is a Jaguar F-Type. Choose the right flavor and you'll be rewarded with a true GT car, comfortable, quiet, capable and really fun. What it's not, is a race winning, Corvette beating monster. What it is, is more fun than most cars on the road today. And yes, they are available with a superb AWD system.

maxresdefault.jpg

jaguar-f-type-coupe-f3228428fdcb.jpg

These cars really do look good on the road and know how to scoot.

The problem is that it is a Jaguar.

Reactions: Ws6
Back