Bam wrx dead. Need a suitable rep

I guess you missed his post where he said an old guy blew a stop sign? and Astro's post saying to keep it civil? Might try reading the entire thread before crapping on someone.

maybe the OP could narrow down what hes looking for besides fun? what parts on the wrx did you like?

Also ALPHA (its ALFA) has 280 hp vs 268 in wrx.. not exactly a massive power upgrade.
505 HP. https://www.alfaromeousa.com/cars/giulia/quadrifoglio#performance Maybe try some research before.... :LOL:

Years ago I had a friend with a Datsun 510. At the Time Datsun had a [sports ] suspension kit and I don't remember what it was called that changed the suspension components and lowered the car . The kit made the car handle like a slot car and the lowering made the car disappear in traffic As I noticed when following him in traffic. An old man made a left turn in front of him and that was the end of the Car.

My dating experiences have been completely independent from what I drove or where I lived. If your dating experiences are not, then I'd suggest that a certain vehicle is not what you need to live a more fulfilled life.

I bought an STI for myself, not to get girls. That also means that I never "picked up chicks" in my STI or any previous vehicle. The point I was trying to make, is that even my conservative then-gf, now-wife found my STI to be attractive while we were dating. She may not remember it quite the same (poor girl suffers from a bad memory), but I pretty much had to beat her off with a stick! :unsure:

None of it matters now. I've been happily married for years now, driving a crappy Civic and now under-powered Legacy. My wife has the turbo, because it's larger. When we get ourselves out of this funk I've gotten us into and rebuild our rainy day fund I'll likely be looking for a better DD. The Stinger AWD looks like a blast! Hopefully, the new STI comes out and gives it a run for its money.

I bought an STI for myself, not to get girls. That also means that I never "picked up chicks" in my STI or any previous vehicle. The point I was trying to make, is that even my conservative then-gf, now-wife found my STI to be attractive while we were dating. She may not remember it quite the same (poor girl suffers from a bad memory), but I pretty much had to beat her off with a stick! :unsure:

None of it matters now. I've been happily married for years now, driving a crappy Civic and now under-powered Legacy. My wife has the turbo, because it's larger. When we get ourselves out of this funk I've gotten us into and rebuild our rainy day fund I'll likely be looking for a better DD. The Stinger AWD looks like a blast! Hopefully, the new STI comes out and gives it a run for its money.
My girlfriend dislikes cars like that. She prefers trucks and SUVs. She saw pix of my z06 and 370z and was visibly disgusted by "the small cars".

My point is, everyone has a preference, and I'm glad you owned it for you and yours.

My girlfriend dislikes cars like that. She prefers trucks and SUVs. She saw pix of my z06 and 370z and was visibly disgusted by "the small cars".

My point is, everyone has a preference, and I'm glad you owned it for you and yours.

Dude, we've been on the same page the whole time...

As a reminder, I responded to this:
Most smart chicks won't get in a WRX with a nut-job behind the wheel, skip the Euro junk and required pit crew to operate it...I'd go slower in a Lexus with a sharp woman.

That's exactly the same as him saying that no smart chick would get into a truck or SUV or ZO6 or 370Z?

My 1979 Ford F150 with the 6 cyl and the three on the tree was quite the chick magnet !

Props for not getting rattled, OP; glad you're ok. I've noticed that the *****ead quotient has gone way up online since Covid.

6 cyl NA Cayman would be my vote, probably with PDK.

ETA: the censored bit is the colloquial word for the tip of your junk; rhymes with dikhed.

Don't hesitate on the Supra. First, Toyota went through the engine and did have BMW make a few minor modifications to improve durability (which BMW incorporated across all B58 engines, even in their own products). Second, Toyota made some rear suspension revisions for the current year which tame some of the at-the-limit issues. Third, I have a friend with one which he uses as a combination track and street car, it has been holding up really well and is comfortable inside on top of being fast and looking good.

Many people can afford to buy high end jags used. Far fewer people can afford to own them.
I'll never make the claim that a Jag F-Type is the pinnacle of reliability. However, they have been around a while now and many of the early faults have been addressed. They are mechanically sound and not prone to major engine or transmission problems.

They do lose injectors from time to time, and the transmission will go into "no go" mode if you select reverse while driving forward, or shut off the car and turn it back on.... This necessitates pulling over and shutting down and re-starting. OOPS. I didn't mean to do that...

About the worst thing on F-Types is the entertainment and nav system.

Parts are common, and many are available on RockAuto. A name brand Water pump is $75 for example, and brake rotors $50-$100.

Props for not getting rattled, OP; glad you're ok. I've noticed that the ******** quotient has gone way up online since Covid.

6 cyl NA Cayman would be my vote, probably with PDK.

ETA: the censored bit is the colloquial word for the tip of your junk; rhymes with dikhed.
This is true. I'm being taxed more, paying for people's welfare, and worked harder. I know I am more...irascible...in all aspects of life because of it.

That’s a response in poor taste. Who you calling geriatric?
If you actually read his responses in his thread, you would see he was hit by "an older geriatric man". This is the problem with many threads on this forum, people won't read responses and will instead attack other members. I wrote my response to hopefully get other posters to read his response instead of blaming him for the accident. In no way did I mean to offend older people, only the people who needlessly attacked the OP for asking an innocent question.

My dating experiences have been completely independent from what I drove or where I lived. If your dating experiences are not, then I'd suggest that a certain vehicle is not what you need to live a more fulfilled life.
This.

I'm very surprised about the "chick magnet" responses. None of the women I've dated have cared one bit about the cars I drive, which is how it should be. If they date you because of your car then you have bigger (or maybe smaller) problems.

If you actually read his responses in his thread, you would see he was hit by "an older geriatric man". This is the problem with many threads on this forum, people won't read responses and will instead attack other members. I wrote my response to hopefully get other posters to read his response instead of blaming him for the accident. In no way did I mean to offend older people, only the people who needlessly attacked the OP for asking an innocent question.
Well at least his power wasn't weak.

Back