Bam wrx dead. Need a suitable rep

While everybody has opinions on cars, and a multitude of them have been expressed here, it’s clear that we all need a reminder:

Personal criticism of other members is unacceptable.

Let’s leave that out of the responses.

Please, or the thread gets locked, and those who are unable to follow that rule will get some time off.

I wanted a WRX but couldn't drive one because of where I live, so got a turbo CX5 which has similar acceleration. I personally find the acceleration barely adequate (Yes, I've driven both WRX and WRX STi and tuned WRX).

I would jump on board with the Kia Stinger plan, or the Alfa Guilia with a big warranty. Or the Golf R with a big warranty. If you want to spend more, RS3 with the big warranty. The WRX would not keep me happy as a "sports" car. Upgrading to the STI helps, but it has so much turbo lag and the motor is old enough to vote, and has abysmal gas mileage and they are loud as all get out inside on the freeway. Need a bit of tech/luxury in my life to go with the 310hp it has in V6 mustang class performance, lol.

Kia Stinger
Would second that. Got mine back in August. Its a fast car, great for modifying and turns heads. Don't let AutoMechanic get to you. He's got a thing for KIA. Ive had a KIA for the last 10yrs. Probably the most reliable vehicles I have ever had.
Screenshot_20201121-212804_Chrome.jpg

I am the victim of geriatric man who missed a stop sign. I’m very lucky this car held up amazing to the impact. I’m out of the hospital with light whiplash and a sore knee.
no car could have prevented this one. I wanna Tesla or I-8. I don’t have a place to charge it. Work car without proper electrical access.
Glad you came out of it OK! Sounds like it could have been much worse.

Would second that. Got mine back in August. Its a fast car, great for modifying and turns heads. Don't let AutoMechanic get to you. He's got a thing for KIA. Ive had a KIA for the last 10yrs. Probably the most reliable vehicles I have ever had.View attachment 39079
I see a similar one almost every day going to work. Catches my eye every single time. The blacked out look with just a little chrome looks phenomenal.

Luxury and power? My vote would be a Mercedes AMG class of sedan. The AMG A,C and E class are available in AWD now.

Also, a low mile Porsche Panamera 4 (AWD) is in your budget. IMO, they are under rated and a good bang for your buck, supposedly reliable as well.

A co-worker of mine has a S6. That thing is a beast, very fast, nimble, rides good and interior is nice. They are spendy though and come with Audi problems, especially as they age.

I see some votes for a KIA stinger. They are surprisingly good, a friend of mine has one. Mentally getting over dropping that kind of money on a KIA may be difficult. I'm not sure if it's because I've owned Hyundai/Kia products in the past but the interior, even on the Stinger, feels like a knock off of an actual luxury sedan to me.

Last edited:
Genesis G70
VW Golf R
Kia Stinger
BMW 2-Series
Mazda3 Turbo (new)
John Cooper Works Mini

I saw a well older driver about cause 3 accidents in no time at all when I was going to a local Food Lion... He nearly hit me and then proceeded to nearly hit two other cars... It was a bit wild.

A guy who saw all that go down stopped me as I was walking in to the store. He was just as astonished and concerned as I was. It was really, really not good.

Our original poster here was very fortunate to have not been more seriously injured.

That was a hard, hard hit...

I am thankful our thread starter orginal poster is ok physically.

And until we know the exact circumstances behind a accident or anything like that... We all should be very, very, very careful and cautious about placing blame or responsibility without being there or knowing none of the evidence or facts.

What you want is a Jaguar F-Type. Choose the right flavor and you'll be rewarded with a true GT car, comfortable, quiet, capable and really fun. What it's not, is a race winning, Corvette beating monster. What it is, is more fun than most cars on the road today. And yes, they are available with a superb AWD system.

maxresdefault.jpg

jaguar-f-type-coupe-f3228428fdcb.jpg

What you want is a Jaguar F-Type. Choose the right flavor and you'll be rewarded with a true GT car, comfortable, quiet, capable and really fun. What it's not, is a race winning, Corvette beating monster. What it is, is more fun than most cars on the road today.
Man I love that Jaaaaaaaaag...

But would you really choose one over a 911?

I am the victim of geriatric man who missed a stop sign. I’m very lucky this car held up amazing to the impact. I’m out of the hospital with light whiplash and a sore knee.
no car could have prevented this one. I wanna Tesla or I-8. I don’t have a place to charge it. Work car without proper electrical access.

Glad you're doing OK. Stay safe out there.

Hey now, some of those came with the LT1 in them.....
1994-96 ex-Maine State Police, Chevrolet Caprice cruisers. All are equipped with the mighty LT-1 350 V8, and factory air. These cars are tough to match for performance, fuel economy and comfort. They are priced from $4,950 to $3.950. See them at Goldenrod Garage in ME.

Man I love that Jaaaaaaaaag...

But would you really choose one over a 911?
Yes, as a used Jag is cheap by comparison, with superb 2017 examples selling for $40K (or less). Whereas the lowest price 2017 911 I could find is $76,000 (and it has accident history), the cheapest non accident 911 is $80K. The 911 somehow feels just a touch too small for me too, even though it's not. Both cars have similar exterior dimensions, but I think the Jag has a considerably longer wheelbase.

In any case, a top shelf Porsche is a better track day car, that's for sure. But once again, it's pretty easy to get fantastic performance from a much less expensive Jag.

Last edited:
Yes, as a used Jag is cheap by comparison, with superb 2017 examples selling for $40K (or less). Whereas the lowest price 2017 911 I could find is $76,000 (and it has accident history), the cheapest non accident 911 is $80K. The 911 somehow feels just a touch too small for me too, even though it's not. Both cars have similar exterior dimensions, but I think the Jag has a considerably longer wheelbase.

In any case, a top shelf Porsche is a better track day car, that's for sure. But once again, it's pretty easy to get fantastic performance from a much less expensive Jag.
That's fair - if the Jags go for $40k you have to go much older to get into a decent 911 for that money.

$40k buys a lot of car now especially if you're willing (and able) to wrench on them yourself. Aston, Bentley, Porsche, Jag, AMG, ///M, etc.

Most smart chicks won't get in a WRX with a nut-job behind the wheel, skip the Euro junk and required pit crew to operate it...I'd go slower in a Lexus with a sharp woman.

Jaguar is not as deeply discounted from what I saw online for my area.
I’m over the Vette and camaro world. I have had a bunch of them
Super handling tlx a spec kinda is growing on me.

In don’t know how people are making this a wrx nut job accident. I was the victim of a very old man who was probably doing triple the speed limit and ran thu a stop.

Back