Baldwin B7491

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Some things never change.
I first saw this in 2015.. I have 5 just like it. The center tube doesn't go all the way to the end cap on one side. Hard to photo but this goes on for half of the center tube. Stamped "Made in the USA " MFG. 5/30/23

1000001272.jpg

Yeah, sloppy production. But it wouldn't really cause any functionality issues as long as the pleat ends are glued well to the end caps. Think of it as a modified eCore center tube. 😄

Do you use them anyway or…..?

While not impressive I’m with ZeeOSix I don’t think it’s a failure issue.

Do you use them anyway or…..?

While not impressive I’m with ZeeOSix I don’t think it’s a failure issue.
Yes but a quality control failure nonetheless.
Surgery would be required however to see if other issues are present.
Why does Baldwin have the issue when other makers don't and they don't care to correct it.... that's the issue.

And not really knowing how strong the media is would that invite tearing in that area not supported by the center tube. If not going long runs then it may be just fine but I'd not be thrilled with running it like this. Good eye!

And not really knowing how strong the media is would that invite tearing in that area not supported by the center tube.
Gap isn't big enough, it's much smaller than a window in an eCore center tube.

Agreeing with others, from what can be seen I don't believe it's a functional issue. It is an odd one though. Be interesting to see what it looks like post use c&p. Or, unused. Looks like it has a silicone adbv. In my observation, not all that common on Baldwin.

Agreeing with others, from what can be seen I don't believe it's a functional issue. It is an odd one though. Be interesting to see what it looks like post use c&p. Or, unused. Looks like it has a silicone adbv. In my observation, not all that common on Baldwin.
+1

I found a few with only .250" length of the tube secured. As said not a functional issue but how many
other companies have you seen with this? I haven't.

That is why I purchased these because of the silicone ADBV,
I will cut one maybe today. My old filter cutter was retired many years ago...
Need to find it.

Wow they actually got back to me in a few hours. Usually, they never do. A plus!
This has been going on for nearly 10 years. Oh well I know that if I bought from their distro nothing
would be different. Funny- Zoro sells tons of Baldwins...enough said.

Our filters must be adhered to one side or the other most are done on the top in plastisol. Unfortunately, we have no ties with Zorro so we cannot confirm what they have sold to you. You can return them to Zorro and then purchase our product from a local distributor that we are associated with that way if there is an issue you have warranty for the filters.

That's what I got out of it...
They aren't. Do they think Zoro is getting them out of a car trunk on the south side....Really..
Just their nonchalant way of denying any warranty. I'd hope these aren't this bad across the board. Maybe when Parker Hannifin bought them out they cheapened the product? I know they dropped Hastings brand name after the buyout.

Actually PARKER brought us the silicone adbv. I think it's what you said...deny any warranty.
I guess Zoro is sourcing them from Mars...
Sometimes We see that when a company takes over another company they put in some money towards upgrading the products. That's good to hear on the ADBV. Did you say your other ones are like this one pictured too?

Sometimes We see that when a company takes over another company they put in some money towards upgrading the products. That's good to hear on the ADBV. Did you say your other ones are like this one pictured too?
Yes and a few worse.
Then we may have Baldwin passing off seconds to Zoro.
I see it all the time in my businesses... Thus the attitude...

Back