Baldwin B-2 cut open

I recently bought a couple of Baldwin B1402 filters on Amazon. This filter cross references to the 7317 which is the longer version of the 6607 so I plan to use them on the Mazda CX-30. They don't have a silicone ADBV (unless it's a black one) but seem high quality in every other respect. Has anybody used one and cut it open? Thoughts?

I recently bought a couple of Baldwin B1402 filters on Amazon. This filter cross references to the 7317 which is the longer version of the 6607 so I plan to use them on the Mazda CX-30. They don't have a silicone ADBV (unless it's a black one) but seem high quality in every other respect. Has anybody used one and cut it open? Thoughts?
If you want to see the inside of a current B1402, google ' B1402 cut open.' First choice should be a video showing that filter (with Hengst), fairly recent. Seems like a serviceable filter for standard oci. If it matters, efficiency rating not great, but for Baldwin generally, typical. If I was to 'speculate' though, I'd say as good or better than the OEM.

Reactions: pbm
I had considered the B2-HPG, but I can get the Microgard Selects for around $7 through the shop account I work at, so that's pretty tough to beat!
FYI-the MG Select is NOT a full synthetic media filter, it is a (still OK) synthetic blend one (usually made in Vietnam as well, if non-USA production is an issue). IMO the Champ XL or Super Tech MP is a better deal, generally, for a blend media filter.

If you want to see the inside of a current B1402, google ' B1402 cut open.' First choice should be a video showing that filter (with Hengst), fairly recent. Seems like a serviceable filter for standard oci. If it matters, efficiency rating not great, but for Baldwin generally, typical. If I was to 'speculate' though, I'd say as good or better than the OEM.
I watched the video that you mention and I like the straight even pleats and the filter material seems to be thicker than some other filters I've seen. I'm not that impressed with the thin, flimsy looking, non silicone ADBV....it reminds me of those used on Ecogard and Prime Guard filters. What was the efficiency rating of that B1402?

Back