Baldwin B2 cut open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice bypass,unique in my book,heavy can,good looking media.I use Napa Gold 1515 for my Jeep engine's right now(also do service on 6 other Jeeps) but can get Baldwin just as easily.The Napa gold has a silicon anti-drainback valve and the B2 has black nitrile,the Napa has one thread more in the baseplate but the B2 has a kick-butt bypass set-up.What to buy??Both are around $6 Can.The girls at the Ackland Grainger store (Baldwin) are gorgeous as compared to the hairy dude at Napa
grin.gif
Who filters/flows better?

If you want to get even better filtering use the b2-hpg. Flows as well as the b2 but filters down to 8 microns. Costs a little more.

Dan

Great looking filter, great looking sales staff
cheers.gif
. You actually have to ask
patriot.gif
?

Baldwin makes a top quality filter, use it with pleasure and enjoy the buying process as well.

John

The top rated oil filter is the Purolator Pure One (maybe $6.00) followed closely by the Mobil 1 unit (maybe $10.00).

Both of these units have the correct flow rate and bypass pressures.

Why would anyone buy some other filter?

Why would anyone buy some other filter??
'Cause THEY CAN'T FIND ANYONE IN THE TORONTO/DURHAM AREA THAT SELLS PUROLATOR!! Fer cryin' out loud. I don't mean to look like I'm yelling, but I can't for the life of me, find a Purolator retailer in this neck of the woods. Anyone within the sound of my voice, knows of any - I'd be ever so greatful for the info.
Regards, Doug.

Greaser - as Dan mentioned, Baldwin makes the B2 filter in HPG (High Performance Glass,I believe is what the acronym stands for). I bought 6 of the B2HPG's from Acklands Grainger a few months ago. The store in Oshawa didn't stock them and wound up having them sent from Alberta - took maybe a week and cost $10 and change Cdn.
That's each - 'course you already figured that.
I am currently running one in my '95 Chrysler (2.5L V6 - 220,000 kms) along with Rotella 0-40 synthetic. At 10,400 kms, the oil is still translucent and while it has darkened some, it is nowhere near the black colour I would have expected it to be, with this much mileage on it. I take this to mean that the filter is also getting the soot out of the oil. With the regular sized Delco's I was previously using, the oil would be much darker at change-out and I've never gone past a 6,000 km OCI, 'till now. We know whose fault that is, don't we? BTW - this engine has "used" no oil, (at least not so's you can tell by reading the dipstick) in all this time with the Rotella 0-40 Synthetic, which is pretty amazing to me, for a car that's 75% hwy driven, in the 3000-3500 rpm. range. Past practice, when I was using SYNTEC "BIK" (Before I Knew) I would go through a litre of make-up oil before change-out. I'm in for an oil change next week and I've got 5L of GC to try - be interesting to see if it holds up like the Rotella. Regards, Doug

Friend, get the B2-HPG. Nothing better for the money. I get mine for about $7/ea at local fleet supply house. Definitely a low-restriction, high-quality filter. I am more than comfortable taking it out to 8k OCI, and would go to 10k if necessary.

Thanks for all the responses.I did a little seaching and will post a link in a minute about a response pertaining to flow between the B2-HPG and the B2.Whats your take on this reply...I would rather get a bit more flow to be honest with you.
dunno.gif

As long as the filter flows more than the requirement of the system, that's all that's necessary. I have used the b2-hpg on my 340 with a high volume-high pressue oil pump, 50psi at idle hot with m1 10w-30 and 80psi hot at higher rpm with an oil system with larger clearances than normal to accomodate high rpm and the filter never had a problem providing flow for that.

The b2-hpg is probably more than you need both in terms of filtration and flow.

Dan

Hey Greaser, you seem to have inside information on Balwin filters. Can you get me the specs for the B7042 and B202?

Thanks!

BTW, your oil filter study is nothing short of fantastic!

quote:

Originally posted by Dan4510:
As long as the filter flows more than the requirement of the system, that's all that's necessary. I have used the b2-hpg on my 340 with a high volume-high pressue oil pump, 50psi at idle hot with m1 10w-30 and 80psi hot at higher rpm with an oil system with larger clearances than normal to accomodate high rpm and the filter never had a problem providing flow for that.

The b2-hpg is probably more than you need both in terms of filtration and flow.

Dan

Copy-that
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back