Back in the '80s

You're welcome^^^Yeah, IDK how long FIAT has owned ALPHA ROMEO or if they always have. Or did they merge with them, buy/takeover them or create them. I just don't know that without doing some research. All I do know is that FIAT has owned ALPHA as far back as I personally can remember. FIAT ownes LANCIA & MASERATI too. Then FIAT merged with the CHRYSLER CORP and now they're owned by STELLANTIS. Again, without doing some research myself, I don't know anything about STELLANTIS either.
Don't forget about Ferrari ;)

I drove this. I once traded tickets to see LA Guns and Ratt for an Edelbrock intake manifold. One of my neighbors had a Duster but he was older and wouldn't race it. I thought it was pretty cool, 340 car, yellow. Had a buddy with a freaking 327 Chevelle and a 3.08 open rear to used to always kick my butt drag racing. Sad!

That's a tough choice; LAGuns and RATT tickets for an Edelbrock manifold... I still have my RATT CD's. Years later I worked on a TF/D sponsored by RATT. It was cool to get to know Mr. Pearcy.

That's a tough choice; LAGuns and RATT tickets for an Edelbrock manifold... I still have my RATT CD's. Years later I worked on a TF/D sponsored by RATT. It was cool to get to know Mr. Pearcy.
what's a TF/D?

I love the 80's stuff now, but at the time I was more into Zeppelin and early Rush, that sort of thing. Didn't fully appreciate Ratt, Motley Crue, etc. until much later.

I started driving in 83. I had a big block, 4 speed Dodge Charger. It was like a dream come true for a 17 year old. One evening I pulled up to the local pizza place and the owner's son, who was my age, sees my car and starts bragging about his Alfa Romeo Spyder at home and how he has to be careful driving it because it could flip over backwards. This kid weighed about 300 pounds. I said with you in it?
I had to stop eating pizza there after that.

I drove this. I once traded tickets to see LA Guns and Ratt for an Edelbrock intake manifold. One of my neighbors had a Duster but he was older and wouldn't race it. I thought it was pretty cool, 340 car, yellow. Had a buddy with a freaking 327 Chevelle and a 3.08 open rear to used to always kick my butt drag racing. Sad!
I had a 1966 GTO, tri-power 389, 4 speed back in the day. I once ran a '55 Chevy with a built 302 and we were neck and neck, shift for shift. A dead even race. A good small block Chevy, especially a 327, was a screamer. Back then, before the 302 Z28 Camaro, hotrodders would take the stock forged 283 crankshaft (3" stroke) and either bore the block out to 4" or use an early 327 block with the 4" bore, use solid lifters and the Duntov 30-30 cam, balance and blueprint it. Except they referred to it as a 301. A good one could rev to 7,500 rpm and make over 400 HP with open headers. The stock Pontiac big blocks would not go past 6000 rpm without floating the valves. My dream car is a '32 Ford Hi Boy roadster, 4 speed, black with red tuck and roll leather, steel wheels with baby Moon hubcaps and a dual quad 327 solid lifter built to around 450 HP.

Around that time (of the first BTTF movie), i thought a Scirocco was a Delorean...but strangely I never got to see one with it's door(s) open.
Scirocco, deLorean, & another contender Isuzu Impulse were all designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro that is why they kinda looked alike. deLorean's famous back to the Future
  • Marty McFly : Wait a minute. Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

Dr. Emmett Brown : The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some *style?*

1.21 Gigawatts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 36 years since that movie began & nobody to this date ever built a car with a time machine

Last edited:
I was driving a 1978 Toyota pickup. Thing was a beast with it's Thorley hedder,isky cam,holley carb etc. Was pretty quick for it's day with those mods and 4.35 axle gearing coupled to a 5 speed.

I had no problem beating stock 5.0 mustangs and 305-350 camaros with it. Especially when the v8 driver did not take a 4 cyl seriously.

I was dating a girl named Tami. Cute, nice figure and always kept our dates "worth the time".

I had a 1966 GTO, tri-power 389, 4 speed back in the day. I once ran a '55 Chevy with a built 302 and we were neck and neck, shift for shift. A dead even race. A good small block Chevy, especially a 327, was a screamer. Back then, before the 302 Z28 Camaro, hotrodders would take the stock forged 283 crankshaft (3" stroke) and either bore the block out to 4" or use an early 327 block with the 4" bore, use solid lifters and the Duntov 30-30 cam, balance and blueprint it. Except they referred to it as a 301. A good one could rev to 7,500 rpm and make over 400 HP with open headers. The stock Pontiac big blocks would not go past 6000 rpm without floating the valves. My dream car is a '32 Ford Hi Boy roadster, 4 speed, black with red tuck and roll leather, steel wheels with baby Moon hubcaps and a dual quad 327 solid lifter built to around 450 HP.
The 350 don't rev like the 327.

Back