Back in the '80s

Back in 1980's I was confused with 2 convertible sports cars.
Both are Italian
Both have the name Spider on them
Looks almost the identical
But different brand

1980 Fiat Spider

24637520005_large.jpg

Alfa Romeo Spider

alfa-romeo-spider-1980-2.jpg

Back in the 80's I was taking LSD and dating two different girls. They both looked like rainbows but one put out and the other didn't.

What is your point?

Even after the rainbows I can still complete a thought and it hasn't one bit effected one bit me one bit me effected!!!!!!!
lol

Your post needs some kind of conclusion.

Back in the 80's I was taking LSD and dating two different girls. They both looked like rainbows but one put out and the other didn't.

What is your point?

Even after the rainbows I can still complete a thought and it hasn't one bit effected one bit me one bit me effected!!!!!!!
lol

I was young & naive back then when it comes to cars but I did learn a bit as I grew older. 😇:D

You're welcome^^^Yeah, IDK how long FIAT has owned ALPHA ROMEO or if they always have. Or did they merge with them, buy/takeover them or create them. I just don't know that without doing some research. All I do know is that FIAT has owned ALPHA as far back as I personally can remember. FIAT ownes LANCIA & MASERATI too. Then FIAT merged with the CHRYSLER CORP and now they're owned by STELLANTIS. Again, without doing some research myself, I don't know anything about STELLANTIS either.

Last edited:
You're welcome^^^Yeah, IDK how long FIAT has owned ALPHA ROMEO or if they always have. Or did they merge with them, buy/takeover them or create them. I just don't know that without doing some research. All I do know is that FIAT has owned ALPHA as far back as I personally can remember. FIAT ownes LANCIA & MASERATI too. Then FIAT merged with the CHRYSLER CORP and now they're owned by STELLANTIS. Again, without doing some research myself, I don't know anything about STELLANTIS either.
Just to clarify when Fiat owned Alfa Romeo, from Wiki:
Over the years, Fiat has acquired numerous other automakers: it acquired Lancia in 1968, became a shareholder of Ferrari in 1969, took control of Alfa Romeo from the Italian government in 1986, purchased Maserati in 1993, and became the full owner of Chrysler Group LLC in 2014.

What is your point?

lol

That must have been a good time for you.

Stellantis is the new company formed by the merger of FCA, and PSA Group, (owners of Peugeot, Citroen, DS, and since 2017, Opel, and Vauxhall, which were GM's European Arm...who built a lot of Holdens, and our later Buicks)

i was hanging out with much cooler guys who were just like beavis and butthead - they listened to metallica, got into trouble, hung out with this awesome guy named todd and even got to ride in his duster. it took me several decades, four Winger concerts, and three different therapists to finally accept that i was this guy:

Attachments

• 378D1A00-A29F-4F4F-B4C6-4799A8798B54.jpeg
    378D1A00-A29F-4F4F-B4C6-4799A8798B54.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 17
I thought spider was a hardtop convertible (retractable hardtop) but actually spider is just a fancy name for convertible, topless, removable hardtop, etc etc. Anything that can be made an open-air vehicle... I guess the canvas-top Jeeps are spiders too LOL

What is your point?

lol

My girl in 71 took LSD and kept having Looney Toon flash backs. Embarrassing in the burger joint.

i was hanging out with much cooler guys who were just like beavis and butthead - they listened to metallica, got into trouble, hung out with this awesome guy named todd and even got to ride in his duster. it took me several decades, four Winger concerts, and three different therapists to finally accept that i was this guy:

I listened to Metallica and Winger (amongst others), HAD a 340 4-speed Duster (wish I still had it), and went to concerts all the time.

The 80's were great. 🤘

I listened to Metallica and Winger (amongst others), HAD a 340 4-speed Duster (wish I still had it), and went to concerts all the time.

The 80's were great. 🤘
I drove this. I once traded tickets to see LA Guns and Ratt for an Edelbrock intake manifold. One of my neighbors had a Duster but he was older and wouldn't race it. I thought it was pretty cool, 340 car, yellow. Had a buddy with a freaking 327 Chevelle and a 3.08 open rear to used to always kick my butt drag racing. Sad!

Attachments

• PicInDriveway.JPG
    PicInDriveway.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 39
Back