"Baby's" first oil change - olive green oil came out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed oil in my '05 Pontiac GP GXP today at 500 miles.

I've never seen used oil look like this. It was Olive Green!! I've been changing oil my whole life and I've never seen an olive green color from used oil.

What the heck kind of factory fill does GM put in these LS4's??

Some of the auto companies put a green dye in the motor oil on factory fill. It is used to detect an oil leak. It does leave a slight green hue where it leaks out. Common in quite a few OEM factory engine fills. Nothing to be concerned about.

smile.gif

LS4 is a 5.3L all aluminum V-8. (pushrod) I believe it's roots are a truck engine used in GM's pickups and SUV's.

The LS4 version has displacement on demand and it's invisible to the driver. However if you look at the instantaneous MPG display when DOD kicks in, it goes from the mid 20's to the mid 30's.

This engine produces 300 HP and 330 ft lbs of torque. If you look at the torque curve it's flat as a pancake.

Having this engine in a 3600lb Grand Prix really makes it perform. You have gobs of torque whenever and wherever you want it.

GM also eliminated torque steer with this car.

I loved my previous '97 GP with the L67 but this car does everything better.

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Jefferson:
WOW! im jealous of you and your new car!!! is that engine like a 4.3L DOHC V8 or a pushrod engine-no difference really. just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back