Aux connection in car - 07 4Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the iPod Classic still uses a HDD. I can hear noise every now and again.

I still have my 30GB iPod Video, just don't use it now that I've got a new one. When I stopped using the 30GB, it was 6 years old.

for the Sandisk
$40 plus a 32GB SDHC (too bad it doesn't support SDXC) is a pretty good buy. 32GB SDHCs are less than $30 on sale. But the true need to space depends on how much music you have.

Last edited:
So far I've estimated 8 hours of use. Battery appears (only a battery image, no percentage) to be at about 75%.

Now I'm up to approximately 13 hours of use. Still more than half battery.

I'll be doing a fair amount of driving locally over the next few days, now I'm curious to see just how long it lasts.

IMHO Mp3 discs are actually superior and less dangerous to fumbling around with an ipod device or smartphone connected to your system via a headphone jack.

If you player truely reads MP3 at normal quality (same as ipod) you can fit 700minutes of music onto a single disc which is a lot.

I have an AUX port and only use for streaming Spotify or Slacker internet radio. However it is far less dangerous to use a MP3 disc in my dash and I have 6 disc DVD changer at that. Even better I can burn to DVD and fit some crazy amount of MP3 at a very high sampling rate.

I use my steering wheel controls to navigate the disc vs nearly driving off the road playing with an iPhone or your case likely smaller buttoned MP3 player.

Last edited:
That is if your CD can support it. I'm in a lot of rental cars so I can't count on that. My work car doesn't support it either.

But I definitely see your point.

Added another 3.5-4 hours today. It's not dead but almost. I'm charging it up tonight.

That brings the total to ~20 hours of use. It did sit in my backpack all last week with the hold off, so it could have turned on but not played getting bumped around. Normally I store it with hold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back