Automotive Rumors That Need to Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Pennzoil causes sludge.

2. Synthetic oil causes seals to leak

3. Dumping some ATF in the gas tank is a good way to clean the engine.

4. Oil must ALWAYS be changed at no more than 3K interval.

I know there are more so please add to this post.

5. "GC is the greatest oil since the invention of the spin-on oil filter."

I think the little green elves are going to come to your house and beat you up in your sleep.

"Shall I keep going"?!?

Not really. You are already 0-2.
lol.gif

Fine, fine, if you say so, then I present:

6b. LC and FP are an absolute must use additive with a properly balanced and formulated oil if your OCI's are 5-7K miles.

Another myth which needs busting is the myth that synthetics are too slippery to be used on a new engine, otherwise it won't break in properly.

I fully agree with the above poster about owners of 4WD feeling invincible in snow and wet conditions, have seen many so called fools on a snowstorm blowing horns and flashing on my rear and passing me only to see them some miles away in a ditch, had to let them pass as I only had a FWD Accord with Yokohama A008R,not the best snow handler, nothing can beat nature and I mean nothing, not even my diff locks and winch equipped G Wagen or Nissan Patrol.

quote:

5. "GC is the greatest oil since the invention of the spin-on oil filter."

I think the little green elves are going to come to your house and beat you up in your sleep.

Actually, they were walking up the path to Dad's house to do just that, when they ran into the FedEx guy, who was dropping off a box of the $13/litre synthetic stuff that Dadtoleia uses. When they realized what was going on, they started laughing so hard they couldn't continue the mission. Once they settled down, they realized that DTL was doing a fine job beating the heck out of himself, and so they left. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

I think that separating auto myths from auto products is not going to work. So in good faith I am going to close this topic as it is heading toward the wayward side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back