Auto-Rx mixed with other products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently some post are incorrect in regards to Auto-Rx mixed with other products. Auto-Rx was formulated to be used and not mixed with other products if you have questions in regards to how it should be used I suggest you contact Frank Miller.

In general we know AutoRx is compatible with all known motor oils. It may not work well with the likes of a high ester oil, but it is compatible. So what "other products" are we talking about?

For the last five years I have been adding A-rx with a dose of Schaeffer's#132 at every oci.
All four engines have been ok so far.

Originally Posted By: RichR
For the last five years I have been adding A-rx with a dose of Schaeffer's#132 at every oci.
All four engines have been ok so far.

Is this Schaeffer's 132 the same as Neutra. I am just wondering if there is any proof that arx cannot be mixed with any other oil additives. I do not see anything on the back of the bottle of arx that says it should not be mixed with other oil additives.

I would think if someone on this board mixed arx with another oil additive and there were any problems we would have heard about it, just my thoughts.

This is how the post should have read sorry about that.

Recently some posts are incorrect in regards to Auto-Rx mixed with other additives. Auto-Rx works best with conventional (non-synthetic) motor oil. If you feel you must use synthetic oil we recommend a group 111 motor oil to avoid competing chemistries and not mix with other additives.

Originally Posted By: dbdeland

Recently some posts are incorrect in regards to Auto-Rx mixed with other additives. Auto-Rx works best with conventional (non-synthetic) motor oil. If you feel you must use synthetic oil we recommend a group 111 motor oil to avoid competing chemistries and not mix with other additives.

Daryl, are you saying that arx should not be mixed with other OIL ADDITIVES like Schaeffer's Neutra. I do not understand this competing chemistry thing, can you explain this for everyone so we have a better understanding as to why arx should be used by itself without any other oil additives.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Is this an advertisement for a non sponsor product?

Some things around here never change.
16.gif

Originally Posted By: dbdeland

Are you saying that you are an agent of or spokesperson for a non-sponsor company?

This thread is absolutely perplexing and came out of nowhere. The worst part is that the OP can't articulate what his intent was other than talk to Frank. I'm going to change the title to reflect the message I think we are getting.

I here you...I mean you can look at the patent and say yup that's what is in AutoRX ok. I have 3 bottles of it here that I'm going to try out in various applications, but these guys are starting to make me wonder "if they don't know what they don't know" and/or "if they know something bad happens when you do A and B" but don't want to divulge due to potential litigation. Starting to smell like "small time" operation methods.

Originally Posted By: pickled
This thread is absolutely perplexing and came out of nowhere. The worst part is that the OP can't articulate what his intent was other than talk to Frank. I'm going to change the title to reflect the message I think we are getting.

How did you change the title. I ask Daryl a question, and he refers me to somebody else, it does not make sense. If someone says there product should not be mixed with other oil additives or you have to use this oil and cannot use that oil I think it is fair for me to ask certain questions since maybe we can clear any confusion up on this subject.

Full screen reply is where you can have that kind of fun. I agree that what you are looking for is absolutely fair game 3po. I expect that there will be a regrouping period and them someone will post something relevant to your question...or else some incognito affiliate/zealot will come in and flame me for being an ARX hater- even though I own the product and use it LOL.

Full screen reply is where you can have that kind of fun. I agree that what you are looking for is absolutely fair game 3po. I expect that there will be a regrouping period and them someone will post something relevant to your question...or else some incognito affiliate/zealot will come in and flame me for being an ARX hater- even though I own the product and use it LOL.

pickled, I thought only moderators could do this.

Let me ask you this question, if I tell you Neutra will totally clean out your engine, but you must mix Amsoil, Mobil 1, and Pennzoil Platinum, you would have the right to ask me why and my response should not be something like go ask someone else.

My powers must be growing muhahaha!! Yes Sir, I am absolutely in alignment with your point of view on this. I mean even if I didn't know the technical reason, but heard from person X that this was the case I would at least state that was the context. Quite Frankly (nice choice of words there) I wouldn't stand up in an open forum and try to represent a brand with broad statements if I didn't know what the true specifics were!

Last edited:
My powers must be growing muhahaha!! Yes Sir, I am absolutely in alignment with your point of view on this. I mean even if I didn't know the technical reason, but heard from person X that this was the case I would at least state that was the context. Quite Frankly (nice choice of words there) I wouldn't stand up in an open forum and try to represent a brand with broad statements if I didn't know what the true specifics were!

I see what you are saying, I could not honestly make a statement about Neutra since I have not used the product, I can tell you about:

1) Amsoil
2) Mobil 1
3) Pennzoil Platinum

I have used these 3 oil's, but I can only tell you my observations, I could not tell you any technical stuff. If someone is posting about an oil additive and they are a represenative or spokesperson they should be able to answer any technical questions. I was on another forum where this person is the spokesperson for this particular oil additive, someone asked him if another oil additive would mix with the one he was a spokesperson for, and his answer was Yes.

I am sure if it was no then he would give the reason for his response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back