Auto-Rx mixed with other products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Try PP and my favorite oil additive MMO and let me know how it runs!

I am doing this in my El Camino and the engine LOVES it.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] ok, well assuming AD's favorite is MMO and i don't think it has esters so i guess it doesn't bother ARx

Bulls-eye! MMO is my fav.....Not sure how it mixes with A-rX. I never needed to mix it with anything else but gas or oil.

I have used AutoRX in both my '97 Accord and my '97 Aerostar.
The directions for use are pretty simple.
I would avoid using any additive in conjuction with any other additive, simply because when conducting an experiment, one should only change one variable at a time.
If you want to determine whether AutoRX does anything for your engine, run it per the directions with no other adds.
If you want to try MMO, run it alone.
That way, you can determine whether or not any given additive has any real effect in your use and decide which, if any, are worth spending your money on.

FYI- with careful blocking and use of mixture/factorial designs you can effectively test multiple variables simultaneously. The problem is that we typically only have one vehicle to play with LOL. That's why having a fleet population of say 150 vehicles is more fun. One factor at a time (OFAT) can be good for backyard Bob or us semi-pros here at BITOG, but if you are in the biz as a researcher/consultant you gotta run multi-variate analysis in order to learn fast and model the effects properly.

Agreed!
I have all of four vehicles to play with, though, with one being too young, as well as under warranty, to make a suitable test subject.
Since I am backyard (shade tree, maybe?) Bob, I like to try one thing a a time, to isolate any effect. All I can really measure is sound, feel and butt dino power, all subjective. The only objective tools at hand are measured oil consumption and fuel economy. Since I don't have anything now that uses enough oil to require top ups between changes, I have only fuel economy as an objective measure and the observed differences in fuel economy will likely never reach a statistically significant level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back