It's NOT about Auto-Rx, it's about Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Laddie
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: electrolover
If I was artem I would try hdeo in my next couple of fills, no matter which additive I used. Seems like its the only thing he hasnt tryed...

I think Artem should try a few OCI's with Pennzoil Ultra, there is a thread that shows this oil doing some cleaning, or maybe it was Pennzoil Platinum.

With Artem's Varnish I would definetly go with Pennzoil Ultra and see what it does.

I don't recall a thread showing it cleaning. I recall a thread where a gentlemen I had a decent discussion with stated that he had PU mixed with MMO reducing his oil consumption considerably, something that no other product, including PU by itself and MMO with other oils had accomplished. He's going to post some pictures of his cleaning efforts on some other vehicles.

I don't believe there have ever been actual before/after pics posted of PP/PU doing legitimate cleaning.

There is a thread here where a member showed pics via his oil fill hole and it did show that Pennzoil Platinum does clean, will see if I can find it.

I remember somebody posting their fill hole and saying PU made it super clean too. But I also recall they didn't have any before pictures to compare to.

Thats why your company is failing. The product doesn't have to work to be successful, you just need to sell it and find a place to do it where performance doesn't effect sales.

You can of course run us through the company books that show it's failing.

And yes, the product doesn't have to work, just need to sell it. But I'm talking about mmo. A formula that, according to the bottle I put in the gas tank two days ago, is the origional formula.

Why use 1930's tech with 21st century oil?

What did the oil formulators leave out that would make one use obsolete formulations?

Personally, I am an Auto Rx fan. I have used it in many heavily sludged engines and neglected transmissions (NOT MINE!). I have dried up horrendous oil leaks in fleet vehicles. Every one of them is still running 10's of thousands of miles later. I'm just lucky I guess.

Auto Rx does not remove COSMETIC staining in areas that oil does not reach in the short term. That has been heavily discussed here going back years ago. Apparently, in the popular sport of Auto Rx bashing this important fact has been forgotten.

IMO here has been more than enough evidence presented going back many years where even people trying to disprove Rx ended up providing impressive improvement in compression after Auto Rx. It does what it does well IMO, but maybe other folks have other expectations. If auto Rx cleaned varnish out of the top end of an engine it would be the 1st time I've seen it, but if its still running well and efficiently, 100k later, who cares!? If you like squeaky clean engines, don't let em get dirty in the first place, and use Auto Rx periodically to keep the hidden but important areas like the rings clean.

BTW, before anyone says I'm someone I'm not I've been a lurker here since 02 and a member since 04. I don't have a dog in the hunt, I just get sick of the drama. I never would have tried the product if not for the recommendation of Terry Dyson many years ago and it has served me well. It certainly has it's place.

Originally Posted By: Artem
What I said was, if the new formula works and produces results, i would not hesitate to buy more.

I wonder if FM will swap all these bottle i have here for the new formula and do the same for all the other poor saps who bought into this product.
lol.gif

I predict ARX to deliver absolutely stellar results.

Break it down..
ARX hires a guy who specializes in rescuing failing businesses. Who what and why is irrelevant.

All of a sudden this Retired Guy shows up praising ARX who happens to be the same guy who it appears is trying to rescue the company.
At first i thought this was FM but by Retired Guys own admission receives a phone call.

This whole exercise is nothing more shameful attempt to get ARX back on BITOG. PERIOD.
IF anyone remembers this is exactly how FM operates.

In the near future we will see ARX supporters come out of the woodwork with glowing reviews for this new and improved snake oil.
All i can say there is a sucker born every minute, don't let it be you.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

Thats why your company is failing. The product doesn't have to work to be successful, you just need to sell it and find a place to do it where performance doesn't effect sales.

You can of course run us through the company books that show it's failing.

And yes, the product doesn't have to work, just need to sell it. But I'm talking about mmo. A formula that, according to the bottle I put in the gas tank two days ago, is the origional formula.

Why use 1930's tech with 21st century oil?

What did the oil formulators leave out that would make one use obsolete formulations?

You and frank have a lot in common. You both bash everything except his product.
Dont worry about whats in mmo and whats in oil. The FACT of the matter is if bitog shut down today mmo would still be making sales and someone else would be out of business. You can't base your livelihood on free advertising in a forum. These threads give him just as much bad publicity as they do good. He needs to stop the [censored] quit paying people like you in product and coming in here under allieses and just start marketing his product for real.it ain't gotta work to be sold. Look at duralube and slick50. They get sold because they are on a shelf. You and he act like he's raking in the bucks but if that were true why would he be watching this forum like a hawk. Its because this forum is what he based his business off of and its all he knows.
Its time to try new things and stop trolling bitog.

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
Personally, I am an Auto Rx fan. I have used it in many heavily sludged engines and neglected transmissions (NOT MINE!). I have dried up horrendous oil leaks in fleet vehicles. Every one of them is still running 10's of thousands of miles later. I'm just lucky I guess.

Auto Rx does not remove COSMETIC staining in areas that oil does not reach in the short term. That has been heavily discussed here going back years ago. Apparently, in the popular sport of Auto Rx bashing this important fact has been forgotten.

IMO here has been more than enough evidence presented going back many years where even people trying to disprove Rx ended up providing impressive improvement in compression after Auto Rx. It does what it does well IMO, but maybe other folks have other expectations. If auto Rx cleaned varnish out of the top end of an engine it would be the 1st time I've seen it, but if its still running well and efficiently, 100k later, who cares!? If you like squeaky clean engines, don't let em get dirty in the first place, and use Auto Rx periodically to keep the hidden but important areas like the rings clean.

BTW, before anyone says I'm someone I'm not I've been a lurker here since 02 and a member since 04. I don't have a dog in the hunt, I just get sick of the drama. I never would have tried the product if not for the recommendation of Terry Dyson many years ago and it has served me well. It certainly has it's place.

Thanks for bringing some sanity to these posts.

It's strange that those who believe Auto RX is nothing but snake oil on the one hand say they are just talking from experience with the product and they have no issue if it worked for someone else and if that someone else reports back that it worked for them, yet they seem to have a hard time letting go of the past and seem to be re-litigating something that happened years ago

If they were so accepting, why are there multiple threads where they continually post against Auto RX.

Disclaimer: I have never used Auto RX or any other oil additive. My most favorable impression of Auto RX comes from dnewton who is one of the only members who applies the kind of scientific method and impartiality to these topics. He said it improved compression and that seems a worthwhile pursuit as opposed to those who complain it did not clean.

Any favorable mention of ARX is like ringing the bell for Pavlov's dogs.

They're conditioned to attack it with no reason other than they don't like Frank.

They're too blind to see that they have become what they hate.

Originally Posted By: RetiredGuy1
After receiving a phone call from Maryland - 301-500-92x5 about my post to find out who I was, I conclude most of those who "hate" Auto-Rx actually hate Frank Miller, the owner of Auto-Rx. Many have never even tried the product.

Daniel, I was the one that called you, but the reason for my call was in asking you about your use of auto-rx. You seemed surprised and caught off guard with my questions. I asked you if you were using auto-rx and all you said was yeah, you did not tell me how well this product was working for you, no sales pitch or anything. I asked you if you were posting on BITOG and LS1.com and it was a long drawn out yeah. You did tell me that you are not Frank.

I came across auto-rx and I noticed your thread on the arx board and I was surprised at why a fitness instructor would have a link showing auto-rx. You are a Small Business Troubleshooter and some sort of Consultant, you have 6 clients, one of them being auto-rx, and a MapQuest search shows that you live 6 miles away from the address of auto-rx headquarters, how ironic, you have 6 clients and live 6 miles away from auto-rx. You are a jack of all trades kind of guy. I have a sludge problem and I need that problem corrected.

In light of our phone conversation I came away thinking that you are not using this product and your posts are nothing more than a way in getting auto-rx more business.

If you do not want any phone calls from people asking about your use of auto-rx then maybe you need to get rid of your auto-rx link. My phone conversation with you has made me look at other products instead of auto-rx.

Awesome. EXPOSED

I don't know if RetiredGuy1 has anything to do with Auto-RX or not but I think there are better ways to try to sell Auto-RX. They could have infocommercials on TV and maybe sell more of the stuff than they can even make.

In the old days, Snake oil salesmen knew better than to visit the same town twice.

If Frank is trying to re-live his 'Glory days' for ARx on BITOG he must be getting truly desperate!
happy2.gif

I have never said that ARx is Snake Oil, Just it never did anything for me.

There are so many reasons not to buy it.

It's NOT about Auto-RX, it's about getting your engine clean!

In the end, what a guy wants to achieve is to have the cleanest engine possible. Whatever works best and is reasonable in price is what a guy is looking for. If Pennzoil Platinum will clean an engine good enough, use Pennzoil Platinum. If neutra, MMO, or Kreen will clean an engine combined with a quality motor oil, go that route. Or if nonsolvent engine flushes like Amsoil nonsolvent engine flush and Lubegard nonsolvent engine flush will get the job done, go that route.

Since you have to use motor oil anyway I think it might be worthwhile starting out by trying Pennzoil Platinum motor oil. Sure, it is not exactly 99 cents a quart, but it is not that expensive. Try some short OCIs. The motor oil is safe to use and if it gets the job done you save yourself a lot of trouble. In an older vehicle with worn seals switching to a synthetic may cause seal leaks but there are products that can help with that. Falcon_LS mentioned a Lupro-Moly product if there are seal leaks. And check his photographs to see how well the Pennzoil Platinum cleaned!

That is what really impressed me!

Yeah Frank called me - must be 5 years ago now, to accuse me of some trumped up junk. Bad mouthing the product and such, or so he said. I guess he figured there was only one "Paul in Seattle" and it had to be me.

He backed down.

Present your product. Demo your product. Sell your product, let your product sell itself. Directly defend your product up front and publicly IF someone makes a false/misleading claim about your product in public. Chasing people's private thoughts about your product in public is just crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has an amazing amount of stuff in it; most of it about opinions on people.

I was just made aware of this today; I'm locking this thread.

If you all wish to debate the merits or detractions of ARX, feel free.

The entire premise of this thread, being about a member and not a product, is nearly taboo. Since when is it the mantra of BITOG to discuss people over produts? You want to dis people? Start your own site or blog; pro or con, we don't do that here. This site is for the lube enthusiast to discuss, learn and debate LUBE RELATED issues; it's not here to praise or punish a person. Get the difference? The fact that this thread title is about a person, should have been the first clue that it shouldn't have been posted here at all.

Leave personal attacks against members out of this, regardless of who slung what pile of poo first. All are forewarned!

This isn't about Pablo's response; it's about everyone who swalled this thread hook, line and sinker to the tune of 6 pages. Let's please be above this, shall we?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back