Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Miller of Auto-RX asked me to post this:

My car is a '94 S500 cpe with 104k miles. Had a problem with the oil tubes (my web page: http://pages.prodigy.net/jforgione/MB_S500.html Menu #19 for details). One lifter on the right side 'ticked' intermittently for about 9 months BEFORE THE OIL TUBES let go. After repairing the oil tubes, the tick ceased for awhile but then started again. Lately, the frequency has gotten worse.

So far since this started, I've tried:
Rislone Engine Treatment
Ventil Sauber
CD Valve/Lifter cleaner
Pyroil Engine Flush
Gold Eagle 5 Minute Motor Flush
Different OILs [Valvoline and Castrol]

None have made a difference but Auto-rx has! After about 100 miles, the ticking has stopped. I'm pleased!

Now the question:
1) I added 16oz of Auto-rx for the first treatment since my car takes 8qts plus filter. So I just used 16oz. Since I purchased 3 bottles, there's enough for two applications. OK? Answer was YES from Frank Miller!

2) Can Auto-rx be added as a regular 'additive' with every oil change: Add 1oz/qt (so add 8oz of Auto-rx) and leave it for 3000miles till the next oil change???? Answer was to use just 3 oz of Auto-rx at every oil change.

Great product!
smile.gif

Regards . . . . JimF

[ May 07, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: JimF ]

I don't mean to sound stupid but Ventil Sauber is a fuel additive used to clean valves (hence the name). I hope that you didn't add that to your oil and expect any kind of results.

I'd use 4 oz. with an 8 quart capacity, Jim...

cheers.gif

p.s. Much better Instant Graemlins on THIS board, huh?
wink.gif

Yes, I know that! My tech suggested it because they DO make great products. But it did nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back