Auto-Rx mixed with other products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX
Mystic

Loc: Pueblo West, CO Can Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX be used together. I have finished my first engine cleaning with Auto-RX (let me tell you, Auto-RX really works-you should see my oil filter!). After the second cleaning with Auto-RX, I plan on using 3 ounces of Auto-RX each oil change. Can I also use the Shaeffer 132 at the same time?

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify

#264536 - 03/22/03 08:53 AM Re: Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX
Terry

Loc: Greenville , Texas Definitely ! Depending on the oil you are using and its viscosity use between 90 - 175 mL for 4 to 5 qt system. I like to use Lube Control in a mix of 132 at 30% LC and 70% 132. 125ml - 250ml total mix.

Using LC/132 at 125ml and 5 qts of Exxon superflo in a toyota 3.0 L we achieved as low as wear as tests we ran using Oil Extreme and the same oil.

This thread is on page 623 in the oil additive section here, sorry I cannot do a link. It seems if auto-rx can be mixed with Neutra then why can't it be mixed with any other oil additive.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Auto-RX is a great product with a lot of rules to follow. I am liking MMO a little better these days.

If all you're wanting is some engine sparkle then MMO is fine. To me the real work that used to be worth rebuilding an engine over is cleaning the ring packs and from what I read at BITOG and Schaeffer neither #292 Neutra Purging Fluid nor MMO will do that. MMO and Neutra seem very similar to me except that you use only 1/4 as much by volume of Neutra which may be because Neutra does not have the UCL component.

For cleaning lifters I've read multiple accounts of both MMO and ARX accomplishing what the other failed to.

Schaeffer Oil seems confused about promoting both products. Neutra #131 is called a "Fuel Stabilizer." Why would I want that over Stabil? Neutra 292 is hidden in Specialty Products. Why would I look there for an oil additive? Neutra 131 is in containers too small for commercial use and Neutra 292 is in containers too large for personal use. Schaeffer fails to mention that 131 and 292 are the same, more evidence that Neutra is similar to MMO.

I think you folks talking about Schaeffer #132 Moly E.P. Oil Treatment are confused.

ARX condoning the use of a direct competitor MMO makes ARX look bad in the eyes of those who don't know what each product does. It's not going to happen.

I'm happy with what ARX did even though I didn't get the valve cover cleaning that others have and my lifters aren't completely free. I intend to hit them with MMO to see what happens.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: severach
I intend to hit them with MMO to see what happens.

Good luck with that; you won't be disappointed.

+1 MMO does a super job cleaning, given time it will clean up the ring packs too.
1 QT for a full OCI will clean them up.

I have gone through this whole oil additive section and the response from arx was not too mix there product with other oil additives, I did not see any tests or here of any bad problems about arx mixed with other oil additives.

It does not matter too me if one oil additive company is upset with me for mixing there product with another oil additive, that's what I will continue too do, and that's just the way it is.

Originally Posted By: c3po
Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX
Mystic

Loc: Pueblo West, CO Can Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX be used together. I have finished my first engine cleaning with Auto-RX (let me tell you, Auto-RX really works-you should see my oil filter!). After the second cleaning with Auto-RX, I plan on using 3 ounces of Auto-RX each oil change. Can I also use the Shaeffer 132 at the same time?

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify

#264536 - 03/22/03 08:53 AM Re: Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX
Terry

Loc: Greenville , Texas Definitely ! Depending on the oil you are using and its viscosity use between 90 - 175 mL for 4 to 5 qt system. I like to use Lube Control in a mix of 132 at 30% LC and 70% 132. 125ml - 250ml total mix.

Using LC/132 at 125ml and 5 qts of Exxon superflo in a toyota 3.0 L we achieved as low as wear as tests we ran using Oil Extreme and the same oil.

This thread is on page 623 in the oil additive section here, sorry I cannot do a link. It seems if auto-rx can be mixed with Neutra then why can't it be mixed with any other oil additive.

Some can, same as certain additives can be added to diesel fuel or engine oil but if you ask the manufacturer (say Ford for instance) they will tell you they only recommend that you can use only their own additives (such and Ford DFA or GM EOS)
and that no other additive are recommended to be used in your vehicle. This is because they cannot from time and resources test the compatibility of every other product out there on the market with their products, just no headaches for them.

This company is in exactly the same position and the policy statement is clear.

I have gone through this whole oil additive section and the response from arx was not too mix there product with other oil additives, I did not see any tests or here of any bad problems about arx mixed with other oil additives.

It does not matter too me if one oil additive company is upset with me for mixing there product with another oil additive, that's what I will continue too do, and that's just the way it is.

And everyone is always free to do so with most anything, once you do this you just realize you are on your own with testing and your own mule is the test subject.

Originally Posted By: jmac

And everyone is always free to do so with most anything, once you do this you just realize you are on your own with testing and your own mule is the test subject.

I realize that I am on my own with this test, so far this test has been going on for 7500 miles and everything is fine. My engine is running better now than it did before I started this test.

I realize that I am on my own with this test, so far this test has been going on for 7500 miles and everything is fine. My engine is running better now than it did before I started this test.

And for some reason, not all that surprising to me. Glad to hear things are well!

A member I chat with via emails has told me in his "opinion", on cleaning the insides of an engine. He said sometimes a slight change of chemistry will do wonders in trying to clean an engine. One product might excel in cleaning up the rings and be not so good cleaning splash fed areas or varnish. Sometimes after using one of these products for cleaning switching to another product to clean up any remaining mess left behind might just be the ticket to a nice clean well running engine.

One of the main purposes of this board is to share ideas, and voice opinions, this one sounded pretty good to me.

Yep that is idea that I tend to subscribe to myself, and pretty much the way I approached cleaning up the internals of a 96 Accord that I acquired at about 90,000 mi and somewhat but not extremely neglected oil history from just the look in the oil fill. A-Rx, LC20, MMO, FP60, dino oil, syn oil, Techron, all have been through it in some degree and it has been running stronger and better more ever since the day I bought it with 30,000 more on it. ARX was the first thing through it and made the most improvement initially but each thing did its own little bit at removing old crud lurking about since I am sure.

Yes! I've had the best luck with MMO, and find it the go to for just about everything. I do however keep an open mind and am willing to experiment with other products.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/neutracleaneng/95tarus107.jpg
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/neutracleaneng/95tarus107aft.jpg
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/neutracleaneng
/95turas1072.jpg

Guys, I found this on page 423 in the oil additive section,I believe these are some before and after pics of the valvetrain using Neutra and some ATF, how much ATF I am really not sure. You can see by these pics that Neutra does some cleaning.

I also wanted too point out that since Neutra is an oil additive it seems someone did some experimenting by mixing ATF, but I would think you could get the same results, maybe by using Neutra by itself.

Last edited:
I like Schaeffers products but they're a hassle to get in small quanities to try. For the money MMO can't be beat for cleaning up an engine. JMO

I am happy to report that I did my experiment of mixing 2 oil additives on my Mom's car awhile back, I just changed her oil, she has Mobil 1 in there and the oil that was drained out was very DARK. Her oil never came out this dark when I just used the one oil additive with Mobil 1.

i've mixed the LC20/Schaeffers 132 and Lucas breakin additive/132 but i don't mix w/ ARx. why not do the clean/rinse phases with nothing but ARx and dino?
since i like LC20 and the other stuff i don't do the ARX maint dose either

I am happy to report that I did my experiment of mixing 2 oil additives on my Mom's car awhile back, I just changed her oil, she has Mobil 1 in there and the oil that was drained out was very DARK. Her oil never came out this dark when I just used the one oil additive with Mobil 1.

What additives did you experiment with?

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]i've mixed the LC20/Schaeffers 132 and Lucas breakin additive/132 but i don't mix w/ ARx. why not do the clean/rinse phases with nothing but ARx and dino?
since i like LC20 and the other stuff i don't do the ARX maint dose either

Awhile back my Mom's car had a slight seal leak, she has the 3.1 V-6 in a Monte Carlo, I am guessing the seal that was leaking was a crankshaft seal or maybe the rear main seal, so I did the seal leak application per the instructions on the arx site, so basically 12 ounces of arx for one oil change interval followed by a 3000 mile run on dino, and then another 3000 mile run on dino to make sure the leak was taken care of. I then added the Mobil 1 oil with a maintenance dose of arx, then I added AD's favorite oil additive 1000 miles before the oil change, I put in about 12 ounces.

My Mom's car hold 4.5 quarts of oil, so I put in 4 quarts of Mobil 1 and added 4 ounces of arx, followed by 16 ounces of AD's favorite oil additive, I took the car for a ride around the neighborhood and the car was so responsive that it was not funny.

I am on the Rinse Phase of arx in my Marauder that also has about 12 ounces of AD's favorite oil additive, and I plan on changing the oil this weekend and adding 4 ounces of arx plus 19 ounces of ADFDI's favorite oil additve to get a 10% ratio since the car holds 6 quarts of oil.

I have found my favorite oil additive brew and I am very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back