Auto-Rx maintenance dose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkerman,

That looks to be about a 4% gain in fuel economy. How long do you plan on running the current OCI? Continue to keep us informed of the mileage gains with the current OCI, so that we don't think its due to Traffic congestion issues. It would be helpful to monitor the next OCI with the same oil oil with the maintenance dose installed from the get go, to be sure that the gains are from ARX and not the oil shearing down to a lesser viscocity after 20K. Thank for all of the information, that us BITOGGERS live for.

The reason I picked this car is because it's driven by a woman, used on the same exact commute every day and not driven on weekends. I don't know how I can find a more consistent platform for a test. She has been doing this commute for 8 years, same time to work and back every day with very few if any side trips. Her husband is very diligent in doing the maintenance and for example, checking the tires, 2 psi off is too much and that tire will be brought back to the correct pressure and it's done each time in the morning on the weekend. I don't know if he has ever missed an oil change by more than a hundred miles. He does not drive this car, it's really his wife's car.

If you can keep a long term track ..I think you should be able to read when the decay occurs. That is, figuring if and when it wears out. It may be beyond the end of the oil change.

A few more data points would be nice too ..although the pre-treatment data looks within a narrow range.

Originally Posted By: BarkerMan
Current oil is RLI 10w-30HD. The RLI has been in for about 20k miles.

Do I understand that you're putting a maintenance dose of ARX in RLI's BioSyn oil? Will UOAs be run on this combo? I'm very interested in this combination.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Get the product warm in a hot water bath or next to a heater, etc. then simply take one of those syringes they sell at Wal mart with the ounce and ratio marks and go from there. They are like two bucks and are made for 2 cycle oil ratio measures really.

At my Great Wall (-Mart) of China, the auto department floorwalkers had no idea what this was. I went to the kitchen stuff and bought a little 87-cent plastic measuring cup with the ounces marked on one side. After I dose the car with the Auto-Rx, I'll wash out the cup and keep it with the Auto-Rx bottle for next time.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Get the product warm in a hot water bath or next to a heater, etc. then simply take one of those syringes they sell at Wal mart with the ounce and ratio marks and go from there. They are like two bucks and are made for 2 cycle oil ratio measures really.

At my Great Wall (-Mart) of China, the auto department floorwalkers had no idea what this was. I went to the kitchen stuff and bought a little 87-cent plastic measuring cup with the ounces marked on one side. After I dose the car with the Auto-Rx, I'll wash out the cup and keep it with the Auto-Rx bottle for next time.

I found the easiest way to add the maint dose of ARX was take one of the quarts of oil that I am adding to the engine after I dropped the oil. Pour lets say 12oz of oil into the engine, then add 4 ounces of ARX into the remaining 24 oz left in the quart. That would leave me with 28 ounces in that container, which I shake and pour in. The oil containers are marked on the side in 2 or 4 ounce increments, no need for any measuring cups etc. Works fine for me, can't speak about 5 qt jugs I don't use them.

HTH,
Frank D

Well, I popped 3 oz. of Auto-Rx into the 3800 engine on Sunday. (Doesn't the stuff look a lot like Vicks Formula 44? Think of it as cough medicine for your engine!) I've got about 4000 miles to go on this oil change. If I use 3 oz. at each change, it'll take me another year and a half to use it up.

The car runs silky and quiet as always.

Some benefits of using the maintenance dose is extension of oil life. Maximum results from friction modifiers. A better than even opportunity to increase your mileage (your foot determines this)
You will keep your engine out of the shop for internal problems and on the road.

We work with independent professionals when it comes to testing Auto-Rx and it is there results that create changes in application formats.
1-Dyson oil Analysis
2-Larry Lux
3-Barkerman
4-Gary Allan
To name a few.
We trust there expertise.
Frank Miller

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I use a 4oz maint dose in my 2006 4 cyk Toyota truck I don't notice any difference .But with a cleaning dose I don't know if there is a mpg increase but the engine seems smoother ,peppier and quieter.

I dont think you would notice any difference now unless you have alot of miles but later on the performane should stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back