Auto-RX and smoothness of engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 500 miles into my cleaning cycle and my oil is still pretty clean. I can see the color of the varnish getting a touch lighter and I now see clear edges of metal on vertical surfaces.

The biggest effect is that around 400 miles, my engine started to get smoother and quieter and very noticeably so. It is noticeably smoother on fast idle when just started.

What's happening to cause this as I never expected a little sludge/deposit could cause such a dramatic change? Could it simply be that I am getting more even compression?

My engine an Acura 2.7 liter V6 has about 180,000 miles and has seen regular oil changes approx every 3k for its life. I cannot believe that with this OCI the engine was that dirty for this to occur.

I also have about 500 miles on my cleaning cycle and have noticed (02 Nissan Maxima SE) the same. Car runs smoother and my gas mileage has gone up a tad. Lets see what next 500 miles bring.

Pedro

What milage on your Maxima?

I'm thinking that an 02 wouldn't be terribly high. After reading many Auto RX related posts, I only considered Auto RX for a high milage vehicle and one wouldn't see much, if any, benefit for an engine with low miles.

But you're seeing a favorable result? I have an 03 Max GLE, BTW, but with 39000 already.

The ARX is cleaning up your ring pack. Yes you will get more even compression, and more compression. You get a more controlled burn. The rings can be carboned up by 25,000 miles.

I treated all my vehicles, and even the one with 32,000 miles runs smoother and quieter. It's very noticable, even on my riding lawn mower.

My Toyota Cressida with 250,000 is on the first rinse cycle and is running much smoother than I ever remember. I question that carbon can build up in 25,000 miles
lol.gif
but have no problem believing it can build up in 250,000 miles. Oil consumption seems to be down as well but time will tell for sure.

My results vary a little.

My truck which was kept clean on short drains and synthetics, didn't gain any mileage, nor did it smooth out. But it feels stronger and has a richer exhaust note to it (the exhaust sound baffles me
smile.gif
)

My GF's car dramatically improved. Performance seems more responsive, better idling, a tiny bit better fuel economy, smooth running and higher revving.

I'll be giving AutoRX as Christmas gifts this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back