Auto insurance rate cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, I've always been mad that my rates only go up. My last ticket was in the 1980's, and I have never been in a wreck. The only claim that I have ever made was for a rock chip in my windshield about 10 years ago. Shopped around several times, with Elephant now and their rates have gone up the last couple of years.....

No, but my insuror gave me two more weeks longer to pay the bill. Don't need it and will pay before the first due date, anyway.

I've thought about cancelling the insurance on one car and the RV since we're driving about 20 miles a week.

I cancelled my comprehensive and collision. I am not driving enough these days and the street is pretty empty. Haven't heard about a refund yet but I'm wishing.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
I cancelled my comprehensive and collision. I am not driving enough these days and the street is pretty empty. Haven't heard about a refund yet but I'm wishing.

If you can afford to replace car no pain good move.

If pain if stolen, fire, tree falls on it whatever I'd get your comp back ASAP.

No discount for me with AARP and The Hartford. Since mine comes due in May already shopped around and saved a couple hundred by going with Amerprise through Costco. Same coverage.

My Erie insurance just dropped 25 percent! Said it was because wife and I are over 55 now.
25.gif

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by PandaBear

If you can afford to replace car no pain good move.

If pain if stolen, fire, tree falls on it whatever I'd get your comp back ASAP.

It is in the garage and isn't going to be driven for a LONG time, I'll add it back when we start taking road trip again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Nope. Just the opposite. LM raised my rates by another $300 this year.
frown.gif

LiMu Emu......lol.

Originally Posted by John_K
My Erie insurance just dropped 25 percent! Said it was because wife and I are over 55 now.
25.gif

So if my annual policy renews 9 days before my 55th birthday, no discount, correct?

Originally Posted by JustinH
Called Progressive, and Flo said no discount forthcoming.

However they said they will offer late payment leniency.

Then I suggest you shop Allstate, Liberty Mutual or Geico. Tell that to Progressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back