Auto Enthusiasts Hurricane Disaster Relief Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm posting this on behalf of Bill Strong, owner of the MR2 Owners Club message board. All money goes directly to the American Red Cross in support of the victims of the recent (and possibly impending) hurricanes.

We need your help.

The Automotive Enthusiast Disaster Relief Fund:
Hurricane Frances has left death and destruction in its wake, just weeks after Charley's crushing blow to areas of the southeast U.S. The Red Cross is providing vital food and shelter around the clock for these victims, and will continue in the days and weeks ahead. Help us sustain relief operations for these hurricane victims and thousands of other disasters we respond to across the country, with a gift to the Disaster Relief Fund.

And now there is an even bigger need for your donations. Hurricane Ivan, a Category 4/5 is bearing down on Caribbean islands and is headed for the United States.

As the owner of the MR2 Owners Club, I have contacted the American Red Cross and asked them to provide us with a link so that our members can donate to the Disaster Relief Fund.

My goal is to collect $100,000.

We can't accomplish that goal alone. So I have also asked for a link that other automotive message boards can use. I need your help, not only with donating your hard earned money to this worthy cause, but in spreading the word and putting links on your web sites. As a small part of a very large automotive community, I know that we can achieve the goal of $100,000.

MONEY MATTERS

Financial donations to the Red Cross are the best way to assist victims of disaster. Monetary contributions enable the Red Cross to purchase the most urgently needed items as close to the disaster site as possible. Purchasing near the disaster site ensures supplies get to victims as quickly as possible, without delays and hefty transportation costs. Because communities hit by disasters generally experience significant economic loss, buying goods locally also helps to stimulate the weakened economy by pumping money back into area businesses.

So why did I not chose to collect the monies myself, or use Pay-Pal? Because there are too many fees associated with that service. I did contact them and they stated they did not have anything in place for Disaster Relief Drives. I then contacted the American Red Cross with my plans. They were so helpful at getting this drive going. They will be supplying me with a list of donators every couple of days so that I may update a web page with the donators. There are no fees, and the money goes directly to the American Red Cross. Now to get the "credit" for the donation, you must use the links supplied on this page. If you leave the page we will lose the "credit".

So how do you donate?

MR2 Owners -
http://www.redcross.org/metadata/hurricane/04/ToyotaMR2.html

Automotive Enthusiast / Other Automotive Message Boards -
http://www.redcross.org/metadata/hurricane/04/AutoRacing.html

Use the banners below on your web site. Or make your own. But please use the links above so that we can keep track of the donations.

-

-

I want to thank you now for helping donate your money, your web space and your time. You are welcome to copy or steal this page for use on your web site. If you know of a better way to do this than please let me know. We need all the help we can get!

I understand that there are many, many scams out there, willing to take your money. This is not a scam. All monies go DIRECTLY to the American Red Cross. The MR2OC (The MR2 Owners Club) does not receive any money, nor any kick backs, or any fees. We are only providing the direct link to the American Red Cross. If you do not trust this link, then please just visit the American Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org
The links provided allow us to keep track of how much money that is being donated by you folks. They are used for nothing else. Every couple of days the www.redcross.org web master will email me an update. I will post that info here on this page.

We are very serious about this goal. The MR2OC have many members in the southeast region that have been effected by these storms. I believe that there are many other Forums that have members that have been as well.

Bill Strong
Owner - The MR2 Owners Club Message Board
Racing Strong Motorsports
434-996-6721
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back