Aus Focus ST 2.0

I live in Australia and the wife's service book in her ST says to use WSS-M913-C 5w-30, if you look at any Fords book sold this millennium you can pretty much bet they run on WSS-M913-* . It is my understanding that this oil is A5/B5 which has a lower than average HTHS, the fuel economy of A1 with the performance of A3.
In recent years the oil companies have developed oils to combat the oil playing a role in LSPI, looking at these oils I see they they mostly fall under the A3 range and API SN+.
Would I be correct to say because Ford recommend an oil with low HTHS I am safe to use the new SN+ A3 oil in her car as it is higher?

I know it's a Ford, but how about using an oil meeting the latest Dexos1 Gen2 spec, which I believe was designed to help combat LSPI?

I know it's a Ford, but how about using an oil meeting the latest Dexos1 Gen2 spec, which I believe was designed to help combat LSPI?
I found some info on the web which states if A5 is recommended then A3 can be used but will sacrifice the fuel economy A5 offers. However it is not vice versa, A5 should not be used where A3 is recommended.
I believe that SN+ oil has been developed to combat LSPI as well.
The oil that meet Ford specs contain a decent amount of zinc which means API will not group it higher than SL.
So I can continue using the Ford oil knowing that I have excellent wear protection or move to a modern blend which will help combat LSPI but at the cost of possible wear. I am going to assume that a good oil will have the best anti wear additives, so if I go with say Shell Helix Ultra X 5w-30 which has been developed to address the LSPI issue I will be fine, but fuel efficiency will suffer.

My 2005 fiesta specs 913B but now B and C are obsolete so now after the first 150K kms with 913B I am using 913D and sleep well at 195K kms today even if I had slightly elevated copper doing 2 UOAs (both posted here). I still have zero consumption and change oil at approximately 10K kms regardless of time (may take 2 years). I currently use Motul 913D and have a good stash of Valvoline 913D for the future.

Back