Are you experiencing any mail delays?

You can actually just use a smart phone app and camera to "cash" a check now, no need to send cash in the mail. If you don't like that you can also just paypal someone, friend to friend payment I think is still "free".

Junk mail is what I am getting now and they are always on time, every single week.

Paying bills by mail is still a thing? I thought I was old. Lol. Kidding!

USPS and all package delivery is horribly inconsistent these days.

DMV request me to send proof of ownership request by mail with a check, so yeah, between USPS and DMV...

BTW I use the USPS email mail preview. You can see what is coming. Three times over the last couple years, things I see incoming, no show. Oh do the mail folks get pissy about that. Pretty sure the mail went to the wrong address......................whatever, stuff happens.

The question becomes, some neighbor got my mail. What did they do with it? I know when 3-4-5 times a year I get someone else's mail it goes back or I hand deliver it. Others don't do this.

There have been some delays with incoming shipments. The longest delay was managed by FedEx and added about a week to the transit. The last two weeks all has been good.

My mailbox is as useless as my landline. Both are used for junk only. I drop outgoing mail at the post office...no way am I putting anything of value or security in a box by the street for any Joe Blow to snatch. As far as timeliness, USPS has lost it. I had DMV paperwork sent 2nd Day Air from Missouri, and days later.....nothing. I had the seller re-do it and Fedex it to me. 2 weeks later the original documents showed up. I already had my license plates. They don't care, and they have no reason to.

Neither this site nor the English language will allow me to express my feelings toward USPS. I pay EVERYTHING online and don't trust USPS with a sealed package of urine. Why do you think FEDEX, DHL and UPS exist? Not to mention Amazon using their own fleet of vehicles. I think I last wrote out a check late last millenium. I could care less if the USPS was abolished; that would be a good thing; all the problems mentioned in this thread could be handled by the private sector.
I do buy stuff on ebay, and the USPS has the absolute audacity to show geographic circles of hundreds/thousands of miles via their "tracking." I live in a southwest suburb of St. Louis, MO; recently purchased a small item that went from CA to IN twice before stopping in St. Louis. Why is such mass incompetence tolerated? The senselessness is NOT explained by being "short staffed." Rant over.

USPS has been absolutely horrible since the beginning of COVID-19. My company still pays bills via check and now it regularly takes 3 weeks for mail to go from Chicago to Arizona. The inner-city to the suburbs (~20 miles) take around a week.
Still very hit/miss. Latest gripe is a package that was going to Northwest Indiana from Grand Rapids, MI. Seems like a straight shot, no? I could even see the package going to Chicago first then coming back to the regional post office. Wouldn't make sense since the package would literally pass its destination on the way to Chicago, but I can see that happening.

Instead it went to Indianapolis. Then to Komomo. Then to Peru. I don't remember which location it was, but it sat in either Kokomo or Peru for 3 days before it worked its way to Gary and then the final location. I'm sure there's some logistical logic behind that.

I'm wondering if these round-about trips are actually a way to store the packages due to the processing centers being slammed.

BTW I use the USPS email mail preview. You can see what is coming. Three times over the last couple years, things I see incoming, no show. Oh do the mail folks get pissy about that. Pretty sure the mail went to the wrong address......................whatever, stuff happens.

The question becomes, some neighbor got my mail. What did they do with it? I know when 3-4-5 times a year I get someone else's mail it goes back or I hand deliver it. Others don't do this.
I've had that happen as well. If it's not urgent mail, I'd let it slide and the item would generally arrive in a day or two, but if I saw a bill on the day's list and it wasn't in the box when I got home, I'd report the item as not being delivered. I guess too many of us were doing that since I've noticed that they now add a disclaimer that just because you see an item scanned as coming 'today', that doesn't mean it's really *today* and could take 3-5 additional days before I see the item.

Strangely I've never had an issue with USPS until about 8-9 months ago when it started going downhill. For people claiming "the private sector can do it better" sure... If you want to pay 2-5x more for the same package at a slower speed than USPS. I always ship packages priority mail, usually flat rate, and it's much, MUCH cheaper than equivalent UPS or Fedex service. A functioning, reliable mail system is a matter of public good, and relying on the public sector will only mean shipping gets more, and more expensive to satisfy shareholders.

It took a receipt requested check 3 weeks to go across the state last month with usps.

It took a receipt requested check 3 weeks to go across the state last month with usps.
If you aren't familiar I'd take a look at the changes the new postmaster general started making to USPS back in summer of last year that resulted in huge mail delays... There was quite a bit of coverage about it. Decomissioning of mail sorting machines, cutting delivery hours and overtime... No wonder mail delivery went downhill.

Bought a stick of used ram off the internet, it arrives on time from east coast. It was on priority instead of first class so that might explain it.

Last edited:
Postal service must be a dump here. Always advertising for help ad we constantly have new carriers. Use to get mail by 2 now it is between 2 and 7 pm.

Somehow USPS's failings are Trumps fault, though. Nevermind the decades of disasterous management beforehand.
People always blame the other guy in anything government. That's how politics work. We blame someone when it was too expensive, then when they cut down on service we blame them again for not providing services we used to have.

I think the mandate to have 3 day 1st class across the whole nation makes no sense to begin with other than as a subsidy to the airlines. I would be happy to get delivery once a week, before trash day (or have an option to authorize USPS to deliver junk mail right into my recycle bin), and will tolerate multi-tier services and rename 1st class to 2nd class and priority to 1st class. Giving them an extra week should let them centralize all mail to the largest city of a state and do central sorting, and send one 1 truck to each city once a week to deliver it once a week.

Well, guess what, people who complain about USPS costing "their tax money" from rural community are going to be the one who got the short end of the stick and they will come back and complain that USPS sucks even more now. I don't know, maybe we should have 2 tier delivery cost so we can charge the rural community more to provide the same service? It sounds unfair but that's the true cost to keep the same service to them to match a big city of 500k population.

Overnight Scottsdale AZ to Harrisburg PA only cost me 30 bucks and it only took 6 days to get the overnighter

Back