Are you experiencing any mail delays?

Yes for sure slow downs, mainly COVID-19 related and mainly international shipping. My SBP business relies, absolutely relies on USPS FRB's small-medium-large. Many going to Europe would just sit 10-20-30 days before even leaving the country starting in April. Lots of cranky customers. In the USA -3-4-5 days tacked on.

Personal mail, yes things go missing, but this is not a recent phenomena

Amazon, don't get me started. Whatever service they overpromise then changed and deliver late, regardless of service.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
US post office performance is being used for political ends, but that claim has no basis

Last edited:
The post office has been in the news lately, and it is a highly charged, contentious, political story. Political posts will be removed, and the poster warned. Talking about delivery of mail, and your experience, is acceptable, but please avoid politics, or the thread gets locked.

Been kind of hit/miss for me, but the misses are big ones - and in all cases, the mail was properly addressed.

Last example being a Priority Mail package that was headed to Mom's house in NW Indiana. The package made it to the regional sorting center and then went past her place 3 times, once out to the Fox Valley facility in IL, then came back and went to Indianapolis, then came back then went to Chicago before it finally made it to her mailbox.

Package before that sat at the regional facility for 8 days. At that time the virus-mess was starting so I chalked that off to adapting to the conditions. I did notice that when I finally opened a case to ask about that one, it made it to her house the next day.

The USPS is the typical USPS. Nothing to add there.

That said... yesterday, I had one Amazon shipment and one UPS shipment simply fail to show up. Nothing.

Of course, the UPS shipment originated in Kenosha. So, it being late shouldn't be a surprise at all, considering the current pathetic state of affairs in Kenosha.

Proof:
1598532361889.png

Yes, mail is slower. Dog's medication got lost in USPS. Not life threatening, but still annoying.
It has definitely gotten worse here lately whatever the reason may be.

USPS is a joke in my area. No wonder all my bills are auto pay. Lucky also that my landlord I help him with odd jobs and I pay him cash for rent. I give it to him when I see him.

mom sent me a card and gift card last Monday; her and stepdad are in Boiling Springs PA area. I have NOT got the card yet 🤬

USPS is a joke in my area. No wonder all my bills are auto pay. Lucky also that my landlord I help him with odd jobs and I pay him cash for rent. I give it to him when I see him.

mom sent me a card and gift card last Monday; her and stepdad are in Boiling Springs PA area. I have NOT got the card yet 🤬

When you get the card, if a birthday card maybe it will be next year!

As far as first class mail, I use it a couple of times a year for Menards rebates. Ten stamps will last me a few years. Got three or four magazine subscriptions which I'm letting expire. Last mailed credit card payment 1997, last mailed tax payment about twenty years ago.I'll vote early in person. Can't understand why this is the most loved governmental service.

I've seen some terrible ones on my end.

A few prime examples:

1. My fiancé and I are getting married in October. We dropped 70 or so invitations off mid-July. A good many of them took at least 2 weeks to arrive. My sister just got hers this past Friday, or basically a month after it was mailed. We're not talking an international delivery, either-we're talking 300 miles. She returned the RSVP card the same day, and it hasn't shown up yet.

2. August 10th, I mailed a package by priority mail that contained a $1K circuit board for someone to repair their mass spectrometer. It arrived on Monday after basically sitting in the Louisville, KY PO for about a week.

3. I mailed someone a check 3 weeks ago. He still hasn't received it.

4. A year ago, international shipments on Ebay used to be relatively fast-usually 2-3 weeks. The last few I've bought, it's basically don't even think about it and hope it shows up in a couple of months.

I get medications by mail from the VA. It was supposed to be here last Monday. It didn't show Monday nor Tuesday. I called USPS Tuesday evening, and they informed me it was delayed would be in my mailbox on Wednesday. It didn't show up on Wednesday so I called again. Evidently it was then held up at the USPS distribution center a couple hours away. I called the center where I was informed they didn't have it nor had any record of it. lol I said screw it, messaged my doctor on Thursday, and had him reorder the prescriptions at the local VA pharmacy. I went and picked them up that afternoon. I didn't hear anything else from USPS about those medications, and they appeared in my mailbox randomly on Tuesday with the bag torn and retaped. It wasn't a shearing tear like it accidentally got tossed and turned, it was a clean cut from a knife. Someone most likely looking to score some painkillers and was disappointed to find it wasn't. Now I have double medications which my doctor told me to just keep and he'd update in the file.

All mail is still on time here.
There is no such thing as local delivery anymore. My neighbor likes to send me thank you cards and things when I help her out. She lives across the street from me. Instead of going to the local post office, it goes to Orlando for sorting and delivery. I suppose she believes she is doing the post office a favor. This is not a recent change, it's been like this for years.
Would be nice if somebody....nevermind.

Yes, I have a something that is going from Indiana to Atlanta, Its been almost 2 months and it still hasn't got there! Yes it was an oil sample, no it wasn't hidden in a box.

The U.S post office is a complicated mess. a complicated mess, a complicated mess.

Supposedly the usps is looking for people to hire, not sure what the deal is. So far in Colorado it's been normal

Yep, its a random slowfest. You have to use Priority Mail if you want something to actually show up on time.
I agree with the "random slowfest" especially with packages regardless of how it was sent. Still waiting for a priority mail package mailed 8-10 and I just got one mailed 8-11. Now I am afraid to mail my taxes due 9-15.

Yes I am seeing Priority Mail shipments both coming and going take 4-5 days instead off the advertised 2-3 days. First Class mail/envelopes seems to be running 4-5 days.

I dont trust the USPS to get anything anywhere reliably, too many issues over the years. The general letters and bills and such seem to be fine as it seems I always get them without any issues, I only pay one bill via mail at this point, its the only option and its always been fine.

The issues I have had have been in relation to packages I have sent over the years. Too many issues to mention, from slow service to no delivery. I sent a packet of pictures to a friend in a neighboring state and it seemed to take a very circuitous route to get there and took 4 times as long as promised to get there.

The thing is I LOVE our local post offices, the people working there are professional, friendly and honestly a joy to deal with. Our carriers are awesome as well.

I agree with the "random slowfest" especially with packages regardless of how it was sent. Still waiting for a priority mail package mailed 8-10 and I just got one mailed 8-11. Now I am afraid to mail my taxes due 9-15.

Is it even possible to get a baseline on when it gets where? Normal stamps, it's just in the soup of all the mailbags and it could go anywhere and anything would happen to it. And we would never know!

Back