Are you experiencing any mail delays?

We sent a birthday card with a 20 in it to my nephew on June 30 with the hopes of him getting it before his birthday on July 5. We are in the 15210 Zip code (South Hills of Pittsburgh) and he lives in the 15074 Rochester PA Zip code, 37 miles away, and an estimated 44 minute drive. When we asked if he got the card they said no. They figured the mail person delivered it to the wrong address and what ever neighbor received it kept it. Well we were wrong. It arrived yesterday August 25. I heard of mail being slow before but this is ridiculous.

BTW, I know it is a bad idea to send cash in the mail, but it is also not a good idea to go into a bank and wait in line to cash a check.

My apologizes to the moderators as I realize this will most likely turn political. But what is going on with out postal system is bad.

Fellow BITOG people, please keep any political content out of your replies.

Yep, its a random slowfest. You have to use Priority Mail if you want something to actually show up on time.

My Spectrum Internet Bill never arrived and I got a call from them with a $8.xxx late charges, after talking to them they waived it.

Seems to be arriving on time here. Even got some mail order prescriptions in the mail. No delays, nothing late.

I didn't get a baseline on the mail, but our main distribution center had a fire alarm on Tuesday.

I mailed my letter later that day.

Yes, noticed yesterday that the notice to buy new license plate tab hasn't arrived yet ... it should have at least a week or two ago. Could have been mis-deliverd too because the mail delivery people are pretty inept here ... don't even know what street they are on while delivering mail, lol.

Sheer incompetence is my opinion of the USPS. I get other peoples Mail all the time. I'm not sure how much of my mail I never see.

The USPS even has a barcode in my mailbox that they scan every time, as apparently I am the start of a particular route. You'd think that they could at least get my mail delivered correctly, since they have to pay special attention...

mail delivery has been pretty good here .only complaint I have is I can get mail anywhere from 9:30 in the morning to 3 pm ..it used to be I always got my mail right around 10 give or take a few minutes no really sure why that is...but at least get my mail

Sheer incompetence is my opinion of the USPS. I get other peoples Mail all the time. I'm not sure how much of my mail I never see.

The USPS even has a barcode in my mailbox that they scan every time, as apparently I am the start of a particular route. You'd think that they could at least get my mail delivered correctly, since they have to pay special attention...

I know what you mean. There are so many steps in the sort process that when I get someone's mail that is not even remotely close in either name or geographic part of the country.... you just kind of have to wonder a little bit.

Here in Virginia they shut the mail sorting facilities in Norfolk and Charlottesville, now mail is trucked to Sandston, near the Richmond Airport, and back...

I just got some Christmas cards returned, from 2019...

Had a few letters and packages take 5 months for delivery...

I now use online bill payment to avoid late fees...

Here in Virginia they shut the mail sorting facilities in Norfolk and Charlottesville, now mail is trucked to Sandston, near the Richmond Airport, and back...

I just got some Christmas cards returned, from 2019...

Had a few letters and packages take 5 months for delivery...

I now use online bill payment to avoid late fees...

Good ol' Virginny.

I sent a payment to a bill that didn’t reach its destination (Illinois.. I’m in Indiana) in time a while back. Received the late notice 1 day after they received my mail.

Mailed it on the 18th.. they didn’t get it on the 29th. Pretty frustrated but since I’m never late on payments, they let it slide.

Letters .... I don't know, I pay all my bills online / have been for 10 years.

Packages .... Bought an item on E-Bay. ETA of August 11 / still not received
Ditto a few Months ago on another package coming USPS

Ordered something from McMaster-Carr.
Came the next day by UPS

You do the math.

Reactions: JC1
Paying bills by mail is still a thing? I thought I was old. Lol. Kidding!

USPS and all package delivery is horribly inconsistent these days.

We sent a birthday card with a 20 in it to my nephew on June 30 with the hopes of him getting it before his birthday on July 5. We are in the 15210 Zip code (South Hills of Pittsburgh) and he lives in the 15074 Rochester PA Zip code, 37 miles away, and an estimated 44 minute drive. When we asked if he got the card they said no. They figured the mail person delivered it to the wrong address and what ever neighbor received it kept it. Well we were wrong. It arrived yesterday August 25. I heard of mail being slow before but this is ridiculous.

BTW, I know it is a bad idea to send cash in the mail, but it is also not a good idea to go into a bank and wait in line to cash a check.

My apologizes to the moderators as I realize this will most likely turn political. But what is going on with out postal system is bad.

Fellow BITOG people, please keep any political content out of your replies.

It has been terrible, I mailed some injectors in state just 40 miles away, they made the tour of the USA for 8 days. My mail carrier doesn't like working if it rains, too hot, too cold and just doesn't bother to deliver mail that day, this happens at least once and sometimes twice a week.
I was waiting on a package, tracking had it as delivered so I called the Post Office, they were great, it was still in the van at 6pm. The supervisor dropped it off himself.

We have had three checks disappear in the mail this year! Two were for charitable donations and one was for the phone bill. We did not know about the latter until we got an unpaid bill notice. This has led us to use the Internet for payments even more than we did, thus exacerbating the problem the PO has.

No problems here. I get junk mail most every day.

Twice a year I mail my property tax payment and that’s it. Everything else is online. If I wanted to send cash I would use Apple Cash peer to peer.

Back