Are you experiencing any mail delays?

Locally no delays. But, my parents live in PA and sent me a card that took almost 9 days to get here. Used to take about 2-3 days.

Northern VA here. I don't have proof that it's slower but it does seem that way. Most of the mail we receive is junk so it's hard to tell.

My issue is that I'm waiting for the title for our car from Honda since we bought the lease. I have no idea when it'll get here. Then we'll most likely have to do the registration through the mail also since local DMVs are open for appointments only that are months out already, so who knows when this thing will finally be 100% ours and legal. Very frustrating.

It has been terrible, I mailed some injectors in state just 40 miles away, they made the tour of the USA for 8 days. My mail carrier doesn't like working if it rains, too hot, too cold and just doesn't bother to deliver mail that day, this happens at least once and sometimes twice a week.
I was waiting on a package, tracking had it as delivered so I called the Post Office, they were great, it was still in the van at 6pm. The supervisor dropped it off himself.
Is his name Newman? Seinfeld's postal employee Newman didn't delivery mail during bad weather either.

Sometimes I think our carrier scans packages as delivered, but I get them a day or two later. When I check online it shows up as "Delivered in mailbox"-then I get it later in the week..........I guess it looks good on her "performance".

USPS has been absolutely horrible since the beginning of COVID-19. My company still pays bills via check and now it regularly takes 3 weeks for mail to go from Chicago to Arizona. The inner-city to the suburbs (~20 miles) take around a week.

Utilities and stuff I do online anyway.

Mail here still seems fine. A relative in Tallahassee, FL recently mailed me a card and it took 2 days to get to my mailbox just outside of Birmingham, AL (outside city limits, well within metro area), which seems pretty good. I certainly get plenty of junk mail too.

All over the place.

I was rebuilding an ATV back in July and the parts coming from California were taking two-plus weeks. Tracking showed ~5 days before they were even accepted, then stuff was "on vehicle for delivery" for several days on my end.

Then it worked itself out. I have "informed delivery" and started getting packages earlier than planned.

Not many but it happens. Mostly because USPS employee delivering mail at wrong address. More interested in listening to his tunes than what he is getting paid to do. Forum rules prevents me from commenting on a federal mandated service but it has to do with the effects of the second law of thermodynamics on
I agree with the "random slowfest" especially with packages regardless of how it was sent. Still waiting for a priority mail package mailed 8-10 and I just got one mailed 8-11. Now I am afraid to mail my taxes due 9-15.
Why don't you file quarterly tax paymenst on line?

I have noticed things that normal would "overnight" take a couple days now with New England. Also my prescriptions seem to take a few days longer. Yes SLOWER however I was not paying for the fast service. "Something" changed.

I've experienced random mail delays for at least the last 2-3 years. Everything used to take 3-4 days tops but now some take over a week and the parcels I can track, sometimes sit at same location for two or more days. Then again I'm not entirely sure that their location data is accurate, timely updated because in multiple cases I've had alerts set and wasn't alerted that the package was even out for delivery that day until after it had already been delivered, several hours later.

yes, covid has changed things for sure.

I get my prescriptions mailed to me from the VA hospital thats 60 miles from me. What used to take 2-3 days is now taking 10-15.

Not many but it happens. Mostly because USPS employee delivering mail at wrong address. More interested in listening to his tunes than what he is getting paid to do. Forum rules prevents me from commenting on a federal mandated service but it has to do with the effects of the second law of thermodynamics on

Why don't you file quarterly tax paymenst on line?
I would NEVER trust the mail with any tax payment. I make voluntary quarterly payments. Writing out a check and sticking it in a mail box is terrifying. See my neighbors with flags up on their mail boxes. What are they thinking? In addition to the risks of drunken delivery people you add neighborhood fifteen year olds.

Not sure if it's slower. But my Mailman is awesome-sauce; he's a great guy.
If he sees me carrying something big into the house, he drops his bag and lends a hand.

I must be rarity never lost a piece of mail and for 6 year straight would mail business Monthly deposit checks to bank with out a single issues.

Mail never even came yesterday.
Didn’t CT have severe weather, including tornados, the day before? Weather that tore down trees and left thousands without power?

I know the USPS motto, but downed trees and loss of power might affect them, too...

Where are you in CT?

Didn’t CT have severe weather, including tornados, the day before? Weather that tore down trees and left thousands without power?

I know the USPS motto, but downed trees and loss of power might affect them, too...

Where are you in CT?
Yes but not in my neck of the woods.

Back