Are you brand loyal?

Anybody loyal to one brand? In person I claim to not be brand loyal but I'm secretly loyal to Castrol. We own a 2019 KTM exc-f 500 that I've secretly used supertech cf2 in 400 hrs. Internals near perfect with that "Wrong" oil. We did a top end rebuild last week. Vehicles,tractor get the "Best" but honestly I think the loyalty thing when knowing what we know about lubricants is kinda like when u perfer a sports team; Not necessarily that you actually believe "YOUR" lube is any better than the next guys.

I've never really been loyal to just one brand only, although I've probably used Mobil 1 the most of any brand. When I was still with my ex wife and was taking care of three different cars I was using three different brands for the longest time (M1, Pennzoil and Castrol) I plan on sticking with Mobil 1 in my Corvette as long as they keep making ESP 5w30, but the Honda I could see myself changing things up in the future (I only really chose Magnatec because I get a great deal on it from the fast lube place that I use)

55+ yrs in all my vehicles, stick with what works for me. ;)
$_35.jpg

My Ford Escape likes Motorcraft
My Jaguar likes Valvoline
My Isuzu likes all brands
My Kawasaki Ninja likes all brands
These are my vehicles oil preferences. Not mine ;)

Last edited:
Kinda. Mobil or Supertech for me. I dabbled with Maxlife for a bit though, no issues there, but decided ST for my beaters. Tried PP and found it caused oil usage in one vehicle, so once I ran out (was on sale and I stocked up) I didn't feel bad not buying it again.

I used to be loyal to Mobil 1, but not anymore. I still hold Mobil 1 in high regard, but the market has become so competitive I don't feel the need to be locked into one brand. Additionally, most oils use similar additive systems and base oils when you think about base oil and additive suppliers.

I always thought Mobil 1 was kind of a Toyota of the lubricant world, reliable and consistent. Good quality.

I used to be loyal to Mobil 1, but not anymore. I still hold Mobil 1 in high regard, but the market has become so competitive I don't feel the need to be locked into one brand. Additionally, most oils use similar additive systems and base oils when you think about base oil and additive suppliers.

I always thought Mobil 1 was kind of a Toyota of the lubricant world, reliable and consistent. Good quality.
What are you using now?

Back