Are the "My Chevrolet" and "GMC" apps no longer working for Android?

Nice to know the location and when the vehicle moves especially with the new drivers, but seems those apps aren't supported anymore?

This is for a 2015 Impala.

Are there other means?

Maybe there was a security issue with possible stalking and they turned it off?
No idea...in the Google Play store it says "This app won't work for your device".

This is for both of the mentioned apps. I've been using "My Chevrolet" for months.

No idea...in the Google Play store it says "This app won't work for your device".

This is for both of the mentioned apps. I've been using "My Chevrolet" for months.
How old is your Android phone? The age of the phone may be the problem. After a certain period of time, updates are no longer available. The same goes for Apple IOS.

That is a consideration, it's going on 5 years....it's an S8 and it still receives updates....but that doesn't mean it's supposed 100%
Five years old. You are probably only getting security updates. I just replaced a 5 year old Samsung phone. The security updates continued. The Android system updates were over. I first noticed problems with Android Auto. I could no longer use Android Auto.

I know with Android with OS updates they always like to change the permissions, in general making them more strict so now the developers who make the apps have to play catchup and either have to update their apps or if it's old they may just simply abandon it.

I have noticed with apps especially in the Google Play Store that tells you it is no longer available for this device.

Will not work on Android version level below 9. There myself as my Android will not update above 8. Wife's iPhone 8 still updates to current version and apps work just fine. My next phone will be an iPhone. I hate to trash a working phone and I like my Android but an older phone not updating so I'm forced to buy a new phone stinks. See ya Android.

Will not work on Android version level below 9. There myself as my Android will not update above 8. Wife's iPhone 8 still updates to current version and apps work just fine. My next phone will be an iPhone. I hate to trash a working phone and I like my Android but an older phone not updating so I'm forced to buy a new phone stinks. See ya Android.

FWIW, I'm the odd man out in our home being the only Android user. I hear what you say as I love mine but I'm at 5 years and now just seeing the effects....but the wife has already been through what you are looking to avoid with her ios.

Lack of support is the same with the iPhone after time, we have already lost use on old iPads and iphones, even the low battery life on her old phone would have been fixed with an update, was the iPhone 6.

I like the Android system as it's super easy to navigate through the 2 layers of screen content...web pages on one, apps on the other, among other things.

All I'm saying is don't go to ios thinking you won't have to upgrade after awhile. I believe now the iPhone 8 plus is the last one that can get updates, so it's still ever increasing of older models that lose support.

I believe the Pixel 8 gets 7 years of updates. Both software version updates as well as security updates.

I tried to install Netflix on an iPad my mother has and couldn't because iOS was out of date and the device was no longer receiving updates.

FWIW, I'm the odd man out in our home being the only Android user. I hear what you say as I love mine but I'm at 5 years and now just seeing the effects....but the wife has already been through what you are looking to avoid with her ios.

Lack of support is the same with the iPhone after time, we have already lost use on old iPads and iphones, even the low battery life on her old phone would have been fixed with an update, was the iPhone 6.

I like the Android system as it's super easy to navigate through the 2 layers of screen content...web pages on one, apps on the other, among other things.

All I'm saying is don't go to ios thinking you won't have to upgrade after awhile. I believe now the iPhone 8 plus is the last one that can get updates, so it's still ever increasing of older models that lose support.
iPhone 6 was released almost a full decade ago in 2014 that’s at least 7 new devices since.
Your S8 Android 5 years ago.
Time for some upgrades?
Apple does support longer than many or all Androids
The app itself may not ?

You can only extend the life of outdated slow processors for so long before they can no longer handle the processor demands of new programs.
This also applies to its built in WI-FI, Blue-tooth and cell communication standards.

Last edited:
iPhone 6 was released almost a full decade ago in 2014 that’s at least 7 new devices since.
Your S8 Android 5 years ago.
Time for some upgrades?

Ha, yeah....def time. I misspoke, the 6+ was her previous phone, has the XS now but still old.

My S8 has been fine till early this year, been buggy since.

So I pulled the trigger on a S23+, Best Buy has a decent deal right now on them.

All is better now....much better..lol.

Back