Are Patched tires no longer with safety top speed specification

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 is speeding? This is the flow of traffic on I5 from San Francisco to LA. If you are talking about 110 or more, then that is speeding.

Seriously, you have more than tire to worry about at that speed, like whether there are road debrie or car in front of you stop suddenly, or even more likely, cops that catch you for a big fat reckless driving ticket.

The best way to stay out of traffic accidents is to stay out of traffic. I only get in my car in the driveway. Even then I wear my seatbelt. After I am done I get out and walk to work
smile.gif

On a more serious note it has been my experience that professional plugs and patchs installed correctly from Tech or Prema will last a lifetime and as long as the belt was not damaged the tire is ok still at any speed. If it still bothers you, go and get a new tire after the patch to get home.

[ October 23, 2004, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: hk33ka1 ]

According to the Michelin Tire Guide, Z rated tires cannot/should not be repaired.

For all other inquiries, please see Michelin tire guide, pages 1 through 40.

I don't see an issue with using a properly repaired tire for street use at US street-legal speeds.

Local laws vary. One place told me they were required to patch and plug, other places told me only a patch was allowed. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back