Are dealers now stocking the SP version of TGMO 0W-20?

I've tried calling the parts department of dealers near me, but they seem dumb. One gave me the excuse of the oil being in another building. I do have this part number for the oil, not sure if the SN and SP oils share that #:

00279-0WQTE-6S

I've tried calling the parts department of dealers near me, but they seem dumb. One gave me the excuse of the oil being in another building. I do have this part number for the oil, not sure if the SN and SP oils share that #:

00279-0WQTE-6S
You live in Southern California, what car do you have?

00279-0WQTE-6S
why not order online for instore pick up at a dealer or shipped? I assume excuses will go away from the parts counter once they get monies.

Do you think anybody on here will actually be able to speak on behalf of every dealer across the nation?

I don't exactly think that's what he's asking. I'm sure he's asking if anyone has happened to see it at the dealer near them, and if nobody in here has seen it then there is a good chance that very few if any dealers have it yet.

Any specific reason you want TGMO SP when there are many better SPs out there, and available at every WM?
My uncle just bought a 2015 Camry 2.5l and doesn't want to go to the dealer, but wants to do fresh maintenance "by the book". I was just gonna do some Quaker State and Fram, but whatever.

I don't exactly think that's what he's asking. I'm sure he's asking if anyone has happened to see it at the dealer near them, and if nobody in here has seen it then there is a good chance that very few if any dealers have it yet.
Yup. An easy way to confirm would be if SN and SP have different part numbers

00279-0WQTE-6S
Just because an oil rating changes it doesn't mean the product didn't already meet the new specs. This is way over thought. Your engine is not going to fail due to oil rating changes. It ran fine for a period of time with the old rating just fine. If anything oil is becoming less protective with the declines in certain ingredients.

Back