Apple - A Message to Our Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

I think we can all agree that the person who committed these attacks has no rights to his phone or data on it, but if he won't cough up the PIN Im afraid they are SOL.
And reading some of the responses make me sick. "I don't care, Im doing nothing wrong." Im going to throw up.

The perpetrators are dead. The phone was not his - it belonged to his employer, and they have consented to a search of the phone.

The sheep are so easily misdirected.

Apple had nothing to do with the NSA, DHS and FBI utterly failing to catch these guys despite being given sweeping power to do so by the patriot act.

The guys we gave the power to spy ,invade, monitor and tap without warrant - the guys allowed to put people on no fly lists, and detain at will - and how did they use it?

They are misusing it mostly on ordinary citizens and letting the criminals slip through.

How many sneak peeks did they get over the years and who have they actually caught?

These guys have everything they needed to stop this and weren't paying attention.

You don't give more power to guys currently misusing what they've got.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BubbaFL

I think we can all agree that the person who committed these attacks has no rights to his phone or data on it, but if he won't cough up the PIN Im afraid they are SOL.
And reading some of the responses make me sick. "I don't care, Im doing nothing wrong." Im going to throw up.

The perpetrators are dead. The phone was not his - it belonged to his employer, and they have consented to a search of the phone.

That's fine, but there is no way into the phone.

There is no way to access that data without opening up every iphone to breach.

Apple knows how to breach the phone. They admit as much in their letter. And if Apple already knows how to breach the phone, your security is no better than their ability to keep the secret.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

That's fine, but there is no way into the phone.

Then why is Apple saying they could, but they won't, in their letter?

If Apple knows how to get into the phone, then the FBI should just let Apple do it behind their closed doors and glean the info off the phone ... and then give it to the FBI to look over. That would then be just special handling of this particular phone just for this case only.

The FBI doesn't need the code/tools to get into the phone on their own. Seems like the most logical way to handle it.

I think the FBI wants the tools to get into anyone's phone any time they want. That's the last thing Apple wants to do.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I think the FBI wants the tools to get into anyone's phone any time they want.

That is what this entire thing is about. Any communication made on that phone has already been tracked.

Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760
If this keeps us safe from another crazy I could care less... I am not doing anything wrong... the more big brother watches the better...

LOL

Don't believe for a second that Apple couldn't make a secure back door. Lame excuse, and hiding behind the flag to do what they want. Just another reason I won't touch an Apple product.

The problem here is that our government knows that it can do what it wants, when it wants and they don't have to ask anyone's permission outside their own circles. They're not used to being told "NO".

This confrontation could be the fuse that ignites one heck of a firestorm. At least they'll put Tim Cook in a protected federal country club facility but in the process create a celebrity that's too big to convict.

Can't they take the thing apart, remove the memory chip then do a raw copy? I can't believe they're that stupid. Everything is crackable. Everything.

What a bunch of grandstanding bull.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Can't they take the thing apart, remove the memory chip then do a raw copy? I can't believe they're that stupid. Everything is crackable. Everything.

There is this thing, called encryption.

I do suspect .gov could crack this phone if they wanted to dedicate the resources. They could care less about seeing this dude's wallpaper. They want the precedent to be able to get into any phone.

Originally Posted By: hatt

Encryption can be easily decrypted.

Originally Posted By: Stewie

Call the FBI. They have some work for you.

Originally Posted By: Stewie

The belief is the user of the phone has activated The "delete" function of the iPhone. It causes complete data erasure if the wrong password is entered 10 times.

I'm with Apple on this. My rights are being trampled enough.

I dislike Apple,but I'm on their side on this one. If anyone out there thinks that they can actually trust gov't, well then, I've got some land in central Florida to sell you.

Our government is out of control, and needs to be reigned in. By force if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back