Anyone using oil extractor on VW 2.0 TSI?

Hi, Anyone using an oil extractor when changing oil on a VW 2.0 TSI engine? Is there any trouble getting tube down the dipstick hole? I have a VW Tiguan getting close to 5000 mi. I want to do one before the free one @ 10k. Any advice? Thanks 2011 VW Tiguan SE 2006 Nissan Murano SL - M1 EP 5w-30 7500mi oci

I used oil extractor to siphon oil for my E430, LS400 and S2000. The easiest is E430 because the dipstick tube is designed to use a fluid extractor to do oil change. The other 2 cars had some difficulty inserting the suction hose to the bottom of the oil pan, therefore it was difficult to extract most oil with a fluid extractor. I don't know about how easy or difficult to extract oil from a VW engine. You may have more responds if post this question in the Tools sub-forum.

Originally Posted By: JswFL
Hi, Anyone using an oil extractor when changing oil on a VW 2.0 TSI engine? Is there any trouble getting tube down the dipstick hole? I have a VW Tiguan getting close to 5000 mi. I want to do one before the free one @ 10k. Any advice? Thanks 2011 VW Tiguan SE 2006 Nissan Murano SL - M1 EP 5w-30 7500mi oci
I did on my old TDI. I have a Oilboy extractor Oil extraction is an approved method according to the Bentley manual. I don't on my 2.0T (BPY) because the filter housing is underneath

Used one the first time I changed oil on my 2009 GTI TSI. Worked just fine. In fact I drained the oil last time from the bottom and got out the same amount as I did with the extractor. So I would say you are good to go.

I've used it on a 2011 Q5 2.0TFSI, but it seemed a bit harder to maneuver down the tube than on my older 1.8T. I'm also not sure I got all the oil with it - may have left a 1/2 qt or so in there based on what it took to refill, but I didn't really worry too much.

JswFL

I finally bought a mityvac and used it on my tiguan today. It worked like a champ. Oil change is so simple now.