Anyone try this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, we shall see, we shall see. I have a pretty accurate mpg gauge on my 9-5 and am constantly watching my mpg.I have yet to go higher than 33.5 mpg for any sustained period of driving. I have no way of testing emissions though. As long as I can install it w/o major surgery, I'll be a guinea pig.

"Reverse phone" on 411.com came up with no listing for the number listed on the company site, there is also no address listed either that I saw. Help me here, I want to be a believer but it's getting harder.
dunno.gif

Address listing for Emissions Technology of Texas is 1373 C.R 128 Floresville, Texas 78114
my Cell number is 210-842-0703 Emissions Technology inc is the Manufacturer and is listed in Tulsa OK USA. This is the reason we are doing this test with your members to get their feed back at no cost to anyone but me. We will see what their true results are and then go from there. Right now everyone is just giving their opinions of their gut feelings and I have my own about some engineers and chemical sales people.
But I keep that to my self until I can speak for sure so I don't have to pull my foot out of my mouth or my a--. Know any rats that give you something and let you try it, and test it, for free to evaluate it? I don't see anyone stepping to that plate. I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about except the truth. So lets hear what the Brave Candidates have to say when they do their tests.

Here's the claim:
quote:

The core of the unit is composed of a series of copper discs that are punched out and bent in a concave direction. These copper discs are packed tightly within the steel tube.

As the fuel passes through the device, it is agitated. This creates a reaction that breaks up the hydrocarbon bonds in the fuel and increases its volatility or Reid Vapor Pressure (RFP), as well as increasing the vaporization of the fuel by the injectors or carburetor.

Now, thermodynamics is going to rear its ugly head and prove this thing can't work.

It takes energy to break or make chemical bonds. Here are the bond energies of the most common bonds found in gasoline:

C-C 80 kcal/mole
C-H 98 kcal/mole
C=C 145 kcal/mole

1 gallon of gasoline at a density of 0.75 = 24.95 moles.

Using the lowest bond energy, it takes just under 2 million kcal to break one C-C bond in each molecule of a gallon of gas. That's 2.32 Kilowatt/hours or 7907 BTU per gallon.

Where's the energy input to this device?

What is being described by breaking the hydrocarbon bonds is called cracking. This takes place in a refinery at 1500 degrees F and up to 2000 psi pressure. Catalyzed cracking can take place as low as 900 degrees F and 10 psi. Copper is not a catalyst for this type of reaction.

Here's a great site that expains the basics of refining, including cracking, hydrocracking, and hydrotreating: http://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/otm_iv/otm_iv_2.html

The energy to move the pistons comes from breaking these bonds by combustion. If this device could indeed break bonds, where does that energy go? Not sure I'd want all that heat being dumped into my fuel line. How is releasing enery from the gasoline before the combustion chamber going to help increase mileage?

I passed this description by three of our PhD organic chemists here at work. I thought that I was going to have to call an ambulance. They were laughing so hard they couldn't breathe.

If all it took to break hydrocarbon bonds was the tiny amount of agitation it might see due to this device, gasoline would spontaneously combust any time you filled your tank, it passed though the fuel pump, you shook a can of two stroke mix, drove down a bumpy road.... you get the point.

This thing is pure bee effing sheet.

Ed

You can continue with your jokes and your laughing till ambulances have to pick you up, But the Fleet managers at Glazier Foods in Houston, The Fleet manager for Buffalo Marine in Houston,, the fleet manager for Premier Distributing which is the Budwieser Distributor for all of New Mexico, the Fleet management for the city of San Antonio Fire Department and many others are laughing their way to the Bank. When your in Business every penny counts. I am not a chemist, PhD, or an engineer, and don't pretend to be one, but you don't need a degree when it comes to seeing the difference a product makes in your wallet. Everyone is going to have a different opinion of the science of how it does or does not work, but the only thing there is proof of is the before and after emissions differences, crispness in throttle response, dyno tests, and fuel savings. If your using $400.00 of fuel per month and we save you 10 percent thats 40 dollars times twelve months, that is $480.00 for an expense of $129.00. The difference pays for some nice Christmas gifts.
Or in the Case of Buffalo Marine where their Tug used 10,000 gallons of fuel every three trips to Port Neches and Back and now they use 7800 gallons every three trips, a difference of 2200 gallons of fuel which at $2.50 per gallon is $5,500.00 and now they have all 16 of their tugs running this product everyday. That's around $80,000 every three trips. Glazier Foods who uses about 500 gallons per week per truck and is reporting an average of 9 percent savings that equals to 45 gallons saved times $2.50 a gallon that equals 112.50 per truck on 110 trucks that equals 12,375.00 per week.I'll let you geniuses do the math and Lets see how your PhD's laugh at that one. Some people may not care what fuel costs but if you see gas at $2.00 per gallon on one side of the road and $1.80 on the other side - which station are you going to?
That's something to laugh about!

I'm sorry I had to cut my answer short a while ago I had to go to the bathroom after that statement fron ED, However as I was saying before, Our product is saving fuel every day on several thousand vehicles every day now, (BUT IT DOESN'T WORK)! I have respect for PhD's in their fields but that does not make them a know it all. I know PhD's that couldn't change a fuel filter! And they will argue as to how it works, I have a couple that use the product personally, (BUT IT DOESN'T WORK).
I don't have to prove HOW IT WORKS, I JUST HAVE TO PROVE THAT IT WORKS. What do most members want, to hear PhD's Theorys or portions of equations from the internet or the truth of a product that works to save you and or your company Dollars. We have been doing that already but I guess everybody's got $0.02. Most of your older Gear Heads know what we're doing.
Thanks and we'll see how Our normal guys do on their evaluation.

Here is a good test for the Engineers, Chemists and the Laughing PhD's if the ambulance hasn't picked them up yet,

A.Tug uses 10,000 gallons of fuel on three trips to Port Neches and back to Houston

B. Product is installed!

C. Tugs now use 7,800 gallons of fuel on three trips to Port Neches and back to Houston.

Nothing else was done to the Tug except the installation of the product in Part B of the Equation.
How is this possible?

Now Mr. Chemist take this to your Phd's and lets see their answers? Wanna bet we get 3 different answers? If we don't know what we're doing why don't you tell us what we're doing! Not Funny anymore is it?
Smells Like Saving Big Money to me - Not a Rat!

If it was that good all the cars would have it from the factory.The auto makers will go to great lengths to raise their fleet milage by just .01 percent and keep emissions in line - they would all have it if it worked.

One mor time, we are now repeating ourselves. Manufacturers don't own our patent, and New cars are running at peak performance when they come of the showroom. Why spend more money on that when they are all hurting right now closing plants?
These units work best on cars that already have 10,000 miles or more. Besides manufacturers don't want old cars running great, what do they do with the new ones on the lots?

What I meant Papa Bear is that on a new car It isn't broke in yet and you have little or no experience with it to test against. After 10,000 miles you pretty much no how your car reacts exactly. Then after the installation of the product you can compare performance and mileage.

Oh you did not miss the patent number since I have not put it on here yet because I don't have in front of me. I will get that to you. Promise.
It is not a secret you can pull it up on the web and it is printed on all the products.

I think that we have had enough discussion on this product. It is now moving into the Sales pitch area.

shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back