AT&T Hacked?

To follow up on other posts in here and my past post. Everyone's information is out there. Personally I do what I can for privacy sake.
There is so much information that it's more like which victim a hacker wants to attack. Meaning your Social Security, Health, Home Status is out there someplace but hackers cant possibly get to it all.

Anyway, this scenario just affected me and hundreds other people and businesses. I had the same accounting firm for MANY decades. This is a REAL accounting firm, Im talking on a rather large scale within reason, lets not over think it.
They handle things for me as well as my personal returns.
Well, they got hacked, two or three weeks before the personal tax deadline. Hacked to the degree, that all their computer systems (of course including email) and phones were shut down. Held for ransom and not released until it was paid, FBI involved. Dont want to give specifics.

So, while this firm was hacked, did they also collect all the data in that firm? Or what about lets say, some years back when almost every resident in the state of SC information was exposed when someone gained access to the state tax information.
or what about the Federal exposure of up to half the population (or something like that) >>> ? What about your dentist office, doctor office, any medical center you ever went too, how about state licensing bureaus, banking systems, any place that ever required your birthdate and address as well as SS# do you actually believe they all have the proper safeguards in place and some employee never unknowingly opened and download a rogue file where no one is even aware of the open door? ... as it is right now, just about everyones age and address is already posted online for all to see.

What I am saying is to be diligent but maybe explaining at the same time, I feel I take reasonable steps for my personal network but everything else is out of control because the information is out there. But these hackers, the good ones? They want the businesses, as they pay big money and ... well, other than that I have no idea what I am talking about and trying to say ... time to go play pickleball. ;)

I have a password that I used to use a lot that got hacked. Google knows it's hacked and warns me when I keep using it. It's used on low risk accounts like BITOG.
Low risk..? What if someone logs in as you and declares Mobil1 is trash! Pretty sure you'll be ostracized.

Back