Ford Brake Recall

A couple months back Ford had a "Brake Recall " on the Fusion and a few others I believe . Has anyone had any Brake issues with there car ?

It's a recall on the flexible brake lines. At first the recall was an inspection and if there were leaks they'd be replaced. Now it's just a replacement no matter what, parts are not available. Our 2016 fusion is our "recall record holder" to date. Probably won't buy another Ford even though I've owned several.

It dealt with a possible fire hazzard due to the leaking fluid from defective brake hoses.

It's a recall on the flexible brake lines. At first the recall was an inspection and if there were leaks they'd be replaced. Now it's just a replacement no matter what, parts are not available. Our 2016 fusion is our "recall record holder" to date. Probably won't buy another Ford even though I've owned several.
I particularly enjoy the recalls that are, "BRING IT IN IMMEDIATELY, YOU COULD DIE!!" Oh yeah, never mind -- parts are on intergalactic backorder ;)

I particularly enjoy the recalls that are, "BRING IT IN IMMEDIATELY, YOU COULD DIE!!" Oh yeah, never mind -- parts are on intergalactic backorder ;)
At Ford, quality is job #1. :LOL:

Yeah I love those recalls too. I have one on the BMW for the PCV heater which could melt the wiring and start it on fire. The letter I received advised me to "park the car outside and away from other vehicles".

Reactions: D60
My mom's Fusion has the recall. It is in "Advance Notice" status which means that not only are there no parts(no numbers are provided), there is no service procedure or labor times. There was a prior one with new front hose part numbers, but we have been instructed to not use those.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
Back