Anyone Rec a Good GPS for under 150 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Tom-Tom for local use.

Tom-Tom are useless. I used my PC to set up FIL's years ago, then when I was given one last Christmas, they wanted me to pay $100 to install the map on my new one, as I already had an account. Fake e-mail (google it, people arehavingto create fake accounts to use new gear), and I got my map.

Have a TomTom App on an Ipaq thing, and it served me well in the US while touring Ca. Apparently, there are cracks and stuff on line.

After much research, i went with a Garmin Nuvi 285W - still very satisfied after about 2 yrs. Quick to find satellites, good battery life, wide screen, speaks street names, Blue tooth, and pretty accurate. Was just over $100.
Highly recommended for a basic unit that works well.

As I have an iphone, Im not terribly concerned about map updates though it is a nice concept. I have a garmin nuvi 205. It is great. it was the cheap one that does not speak street names. It is more than fine EXCEPT, it would be super-nice to have the GPS also provide traffic and bluetooth as a hands-free speakerphone.

Im actually looking at the motorola motonav tn565t, as it is only $99 at amazon, gives me a good bluetooth speakerphone, free traffic updates, and can apparently call bing over the cellphone and get information for searches over the GPS...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I have a garmin nuvi 205. It is great. it was the cheap one that does not speak street names. It is more than fine

Yup. I have had mine for about 3 years now. Great purchase.

Garmin Nuvi is where it's at!

i have a older 350 with lifetime updates and love it never fails me,and the LT UD's have paid me back and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back