Anyone need a fumoto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

Just got this email from fumoto. I've got a few of them. These things are great!
G/luck
Joel

"Engine Oil Drain Valve, wishes to provide you and your friends
with a SPECIAL 15% DISCOUNT OFFER to thank you for your supporting
our business and celebrate the Holiday Season.

Using SVC5 as a discount code, you and your friends will get
15% OFF when ordering at online store: www.fumotovalve.com
This Special Offer is for limited time only. Expiration: 12/31/03

Thank you for your business and happy oil changing!

Best regards,

Yoshi Mizukami
GM- YM International Co.

P.S. Please take this oppotunity to send this unique product
as a gift to your families and friends. They will be glad you did!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

They are great, however, I took mine off the last time I changed the oil and an additonal 1/5 qt came out. So they do leave behind a bit more oil then the regular drain bolt will.

I think that must depend on the design of the oil pan. I have five I a don't believe any oil is left in based upon pre installation and post drain and fill amounts.

Just ordered my second one. Good investment, and super price. Thanks for the info.
cheers.gif

Thanks for the tip. I had been thinking about ordering one for my Tacoma for a while now. That 15% made up my mind for me. I'm going to give it a whirl.

If I like it I might get one for my 1997 Trans Sport, although that draink plug seems awfully low to the ground.

Does anyone happen to have one on a TransSport? Do you need the adapter?

? on the fumoto......how secure is the shut off? Both my family vehicles are 4wd and while one will almost certainly never see a trail, it will definetely go through some high snow banks. My truck however, does go off-road while on fishing/hunting outings and I just worry about that valve being knocked to the open position.

Is my concern unreasonable?

Mikep

Mike,
I don't think that you concern is unreasonable. I had the same thoughts until I bought the valve. I use the F111 and when I got it I went to Lowe's and bought a spring clip, mine took a 5/8 inch and put it on with a spring clip pliers. I found that info on another site, but cannot find it now. If I do, I will post it here. When you get your valve just take it to a good hardware store and look at the spring clips and buy the appropriate one. I want to say 11/16'th is the other size, but don't take that to the bank.

cheers.gif

Mikep- I know what you mean about ground clearance concerns. For added protection on my truck (isuzu rodeo 4x4), I stuck a vinyl cap over the hose barb on my fumoto. Found them in the bulk nut/bolt section at home depot. Looks like the this: vinyl protector cap It holds pretty tight & you can open the valve with in on with no leaks.
G/luck
Joel

quote:

Originally posted by JTK:
Mikep- I know what you mean about ground clearance concerns. For added protection on my truck (isuzu rodeo 4x4), I stuck a vinyl cap over the hose barb on my fumoto. Found them in the bulk nut/bolt section at home depot. Looks like the this: vinyl protector cap It holds pretty tight & you can open the valve with in on with no leaks.
G/luck
Joel

Wow, another great idea! A couple more homebrewed remedies for the Fumoto and it may actually be faster to remove and replace the standard drain plug
wink.gif
. J/K

Seriously, those two tips are a great idea. Thx for the input gang.

Mikep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back