Anyone need a fumoto?

JTK

Just got this email from fumoto. I've got a few of them. These things are great! G/luck Joel "Engine Oil Drain Valve, wishes to provide you and your friends with a SPECIAL 15% DISCOUNT OFFER to thank you for your supporting our business and celebrate the Holiday Season. Using SVC5 as a discount code, you and your friends will get 15% OFF when ordering at online store: www.fumotovalve.com This Special Offer is for limited time only. Expiration: 12/31/03 Thank you for your business and happy oil changing! Best regards, Yoshi Mizukami GM- YM International Co. P.S. Please take this oppotunity to send this unique product as a gift to your families and friends. They will be glad you did!!" ----------------------------------------------------------------------

They are great, however, I took mine off the last time I changed the oil and an additonal 1/5 qt came out. So they do leave behind a bit more oil then the regular drain bolt will.

I think that must depend on the design of the oil pan. I have five I a don't believe any oil is left in based upon pre installation and post drain and fill amounts.

Thanks for the tip. I had been thinking about ordering one for my Tacoma for a while now. That 15% made up my mind for me. I'm going to give it a whirl. If I like it I might get one for my 1997 Trans Sport, although that draink plug seems awfully low to the ground. Does anyone happen to have one on a TransSport? Do you need the adapter?

? on the fumoto......how secure is the shut off? Both my family vehicles are 4wd and while one will almost certainly never see a trail, it will definetely go through some high snow banks. My truck however, does go off-road while on fishing/hunting outings and I just worry about that valve being knocked to the open position. Is my concern unreasonable? Mikep

Mike, I don't think that you concern is unreasonable. I had the same thoughts until I bought the valve. I use the F111 and when I got it I went to Lowe's and bought a spring clip, mine took a 5/8 inch and put it on with a spring clip pliers. I found that info on another site, but cannot find it now. If I do, I will post it here. When you get your valve just take it to a good hardware store and look at the spring clips and buy the appropriate one. I want to say 11/16'th is the other size, but don't take that to the bank. [Cheers!]

JTK

Mikep- I know what you mean about ground clearance concerns. For added protection on my truck (isuzu rodeo 4x4), I stuck a vinyl cap over the hose barb on my fumoto. Found them in the bulk nut/bolt section at home depot. Looks like the this: vinyl protector cap It holds pretty tight & you can open the valve with in on with no leaks. G/luck Joel

quote:
Originally posted by JTK: Mikep- I know what you mean about ground clearance concerns. For added protection on my truck (isuzu rodeo 4x4), I stuck a vinyl cap over the hose barb on my fumoto. Found them in the bulk nut/bolt section at home depot. Looks like the this: vinyl protector cap It holds pretty tight & you can open the valve with in on with no leaks. G/luck Joel
Wow, another great idea! A couple more homebrewed remedies for the Fumoto and it may actually be faster to remove and replace the standard drain plug [Wink] . J/K Seriously, those two tips are a great idea. Thx for the input gang. Mikep