Anyone keep all their rides 100% Stock?

Stock, although the older it gets, the more it might vary. Especially if it was something "classic" that could take to parts swapping. But my current fleet of Toyota's... not sure there is anything to mod on boring cars. Or you could say mine are heavily modified--as compared to the typical Toyota buyer--since I put in new floormats!

My old TDi got a few mods once it passed 250k. First the flywheel gave up, so a bigger clutch went in, "just in case". The just in case happened the following month when the turbo went. So a bigger one plus a tune went in (40% power increase?). If I liked the car before I loved it afterwards! But to some degree that was part of the plan: I expected 250k without expensive issue, and another 50k after some expensive repairs. The car did it, and I'm not sorry to mod it--it took the abuse quite well, and was sold in good running shape with over 300k on the clock.

I can't see myself trying to daily drive something "heavily" modified but who knows, I might if it was part of a deliberate plan when I bought a particular vehicle. But generally speaking, dead nuts stock is about as reliable as it gets, which is what I'm usually after in a car.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
I do. I don't modify a thing.

-Tinted windows and windshield with F1 Ceramic
-3M wrap of at-risk surfaces
-LED interior lighting (because OEM was kindof lacking)
-LX25 tires (OEM Toyos suck)

2019 CX5 GT-Reserve

Very little … 1 upsize on tires … window tint … upgrade speakers …

Will admit I don't like the rake on my Z71 … but figure I'll wear out factory shocks before considering bringing up the nose an inch or two …

sweet ride buddy.
19.gif

My 2012 F150 has a 3" lift and 33" Cooper AT3's. It also has aftermarket intake and exhaust.

My 1992 Wrangler - the only thing left stock are the body and frame, although technically those are modified too, for the full roll cage and seats.

My 1975 Bronco is stock - 302 / 3 on the Tree

My 1959 Willys CJ5 is stock

1) VW Jetta (Lease) I think I changed the air in the tires with a partial drain and fill; I hope this doesn't hurt at turn-in time.

2) Subaru has AZ Duralast semi-metallic rear brake pads. That rear brake job cost me almost 30 bucks!

3) The '67 Buick GS has a Japanese AC-delco water pump and and Cloyes TC ad a Crower Cam with a wicked 206 deg duration!
I think it has Chinese AC spark plugs too
frown.gif

No.
I'm bored.
Remote Start, Android Auto headlight with backup camera, properly installed HID and LED lights all around, stiffer rear sway bar
A set of sticker than factory tires
Anything that's not a complete lost cause that keeps me out of a new car payment, is fair game
Subs I don't care for, and Tint is illegal
Lowering and or stancing is just stupid IMO in a city with lousy roads
[censored] can exhausts just sound broken to me
It's all about taste, it transcends age, demographic, and vehicle
Try it sometime

I have over $1500 in audio equipment in my Mustang, but everything else is 100% stock. Thinking about getting the windows lightly tinted.

I do stock+, like stock but slightly improved using stock parts from other models or improved parts.

2009 BMW 328i:
-Euro spec intake air box (better filter design, easier filter access, more airflow)
-M3 control arms (better bushings/handling)
-A few plastic cooling bits replaced with billet aluminum
-Wheels/tire size from a sport suspension model
-Resonator delete (stock exhaust volume with slightly more burble)
-35% window tint
-LED fog lights

1998 Jeep Wrangler:
-1" H&R lift springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks
-31" BFG All-Terrains (stock tire was 30x9.5)
-Upgraded sway bars (for on-road stability)
-Sway bar disconnects (off road capability)
-LED headlights (stock sealed beams are awful)
-Upgraded heavy duty steering and control arms
-Lockable metal center console (for when the top/doors are off)
-Bluetooth capable radio head unit
-Skid plates
-Differential covers for protection that also help maintenance by adding drain plugs
-Short shifter

All of these mods have improved the vehicles a little bit to make them more enjoyable to own, or add features like bluetooth/LED headlights that make it more modern and enhance the driving experience.

I keep the Truck and the wife's car stock.

I guess tint, running boards, wheels and such are technically modifications but that is not what I think about when I hear that word.

The Trans Am is heads, cam, intake, exhaust, Ford 9 inch rear end, McLeod twin disk clutch, poly bushings, tubular LCAs, tubular panhard rod, lowered and stuff I am forgetting.

I did most of that at 19,000 miles. I am now at 72,000. Still nice and easy to drive and does not give me any fits.

Caprice I deleted the DOD/AFM, so a BTR stage 1 Cam, lifters, supporting equipment, Chevy SS springs, and a Cat back exhaust. That is my daily driver and it is a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
I keep the Truck and the wife's car stock.

I guess tint, running boards, wheels and such are technically modifications but that is not what I think about when I hear that word.

The Trans Am is heads, cam, intake, exhaust, Ford 9 inch rear end, McLeod twin disk clutch, poly bushings, tubular LCAs, tubular panhard rod, lowered and stuff I am forgetting.

I did most of that at 19,000 miles. I am now at 72,000. Still nice and easy to drive and does not give me any fits.

Caprice I deleted the DOD/AFM, so a BTR stage 1 Cam, lifters, supporting equipment, Chevy SS springs, and a Cat back exhaust. That is my daily driver and it is a lot of fun.

thumbsup2.gif
Life is too short for boring cars.

My 2018 Mustang GT is stock. My 2000 Mustang GT has Saleen wheels and Flowmasters. That's the extent of mods for me.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Other than filters/wiper blades/tires, and an aftermaket radio in the Dakota after the factory unit died, everything is stock on the fleet.

There were "Stage" upgrades that I could have added to the Cobalt, and I probably still can, but the car is plenty fast as it is so I don't see the point, especially for basic street driving.

Back