Anyone keep all their rides 100% Stock?

Same here … but I'll slowly mess with the Z71 a bit … 275/70/18 was first change, excellent on sand.
Got to figure out the future of the plastic plow before I knock it off …
They have made them more complicated

All stock, except I did add a catch can, running boards, mud flaps and bed liner...now that I think of it, guess it's not stock. Lol.

But that's the way it is with pickups...they give you nothing when you buy those things. Sedans? I've never added a single mod in my life.

Stock save for window tint on 1 vehicle, AFM disabled and tint on a second and tint, a bed cover and stubby antenna on the third.

I leave most of the car alone, just some suspension tweaks for autocross, like adding a rear sway bar, urethane transaxle torque mounts, slotting the upper strut mount holes for some camber and caster. Also a good set of summer/UHP tires but I don't spend money on rims for appearance, just something reasonably light. I'll get KYB when its time for new shocks/struts which usually are a bit stiffer than stock but not much.
I certainly have lots of driver modding to do, before the car is holding me back...

Last edited:
I added a tonneau cover today. Keeps the groceries dry and will keep snow out of the bed.

[Linked Image]

Wife's CX-9 - stock and added front doors window tint to match other windows as OEM

My Sportwagen - stock and did all around window tint recently
May consider the APR motor tune options later on. Soon to go custom wheels and tire size.

Honda CB750/four - stock except cross drilled muffler baffles and opened up air box a little bit. This has helped the long time warm-ups.

My Euro cars stay dead stock. When shopping for a car if I see a Euro ( BMW, merc, Audi) that's been modified, I run away.
My jeeps I definitely modded, suspension, drivetrain etc.
I would mod my Asian cars honda, toyota but not Lexus.

My cars are 100% not-stock, but then first generation Miatas practically beg to be modified. Wheels, shocks, springs, anti-sway bars, headlights, steering wheels, gauges, etc., etc., are all fair game.

I keep my rides stock, other than the odd non oe part. I don't shell out money on lifts, levels, flashy wheels with plastic inserts, audio etc.

All of ours are stock too. I have added parts to my Silverado, but they're all GM accessories (off road steps, rubber bed mat, under seat storage bin, drivers side grab handle, exhaust tip). The only aftermarket part is a Lund soft tonneau cover, and that's only because the GM one covers the bed rails and I wanted one that fit inside. Also, all of my GM accessories came from FB Marketplace or Craigslist
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Stock save for window tint on 1 vehicle, AFM disabled and tint on a second and tint, a bed cover and stubby antenna on the third.

Yeah I shouldn't say 100% stock (besides my aforementioned tint on all cars) because I did install a VCM disabler in my 09 Accord, but that's a reliability mod for a disaster of a cylinder deactivation system by Honda on my gen Accord, it's SO much better without VCM

There are aftermarket replacement parts that are more or less OEM equivalent. In a previous car I never really changed anything. My radiator tank cracked and I had a shop install an aftermarket replacement radiator. However, that was a plastic tank one similar to the factory radiator. Had that happen with another car and I figured that I might as well get an all aluminum radiator installed. That's really the only part that's not necessarily OEM equivalent. I also had my brake pads replaced with Akebono and Hawk pads, as well as new rotors with painted hats. But those were direct replacements that would be compatible with OEM. I didn't go with bigger brakes/wheels.

This thread needs to be more specific. Keep stock as in not modifying visual and functionally?

Originally Posted by painfx
This thread needs to be more specific. Keep stock as in not modifying visual and functionally?

Anybody can play along as they wish to interpret yet I do think a title more like - What mods have you done that you are very pleased with
would catch my attention or interest a bit faster.

I'll add here that I'm pleased with the WeatherTech floor mats I put in the CX-9. Also happy I left my G-35 alone as many engine mods caused owners heartache and nightmares.
As "they" say; Learn by experience * Someone Else's !!

coffee2.gif

Last edited:
I do keep mine stock for all intents and purposes:
On the car, I installed an antenna power cutoff switch because the antenna goes up anytime the radio is on, even when listening to a CD and don't need the antenna. (This is a stupid design.) Also I installed some galvanized steel mesh "hardware cloth" over the cooling air intake to keep leaves and debris out of my radiator, which works awesome. Those are the only changes so I still consider the car stock. All replacement parts have been factory equivalents (spark plugs, universal joints, etc).
On the truck, I installed an aFe Pro Dry air filter, not for any imagined performance benefit but because it is a lifetime filter. Also I put a mini UNI air filter over the emissions air pump intake, and a dash cam LOL. Again, all replacement parts have been factory equivalent (water pump, AC condenser). I consider the truck to be stock also.

I peeled the 4x4 stickers off of my F150 when I bought it. It's pretty much still stock other than all terrain tires, in the factory size.

Back