Anyone heard of Motor Trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to BITOG, so I just did my first oil change today!

I put in some Castrol GTX and a Bosch filter in. Hey, $8 for an oil change ain't too shabby!

Anyway, I noticed that Jiffy Lube(
blush.gif
*duck!*) put on a Motor Trend oil filter on there. Anyone heard of them? I didn't trust it and wanted to start my Auto-Rx treatment, so decided do my oil change at 1500 miles.

Side note: I started Auto-RX because I saw that my engine has some dark sludge under the oil cap, and I can see carbon build-up inside. HOWEVER, I also saw clear "Vaseline" looking gel on the PCV and under the oil cap
shocked2.gif
. Is that the "gel" that people are talking about???

I drive a 1994 4cyl Camry.

They are made by Champion labs I believe. Champion labs makes AC/Delco,STP,Bosch,Duetsch,K&N,SperTech,AutoZOne brand,and a bunch of other brands of oil filters so you should be fine! They probably got a great deal on them. Sometimes manufactures will either have NOS or an over run and then you get a great saveing normaly especialy if you are able to buy everything they have!

I saw the add in Motor Trend for their brand of air and oil filters. They may be Champion Labs but the pictures look like Fram. They're even Fram orange and use Fram's numbering.

Originally Posted By: Kyun
I'm fairly new to BITOG, so I just did my first oil change today!
WTG, Kyun...welcome to the club!
Quote:

Anyway, I noticed that Jiffy Lube put on a Motor Trend oil filter on there.
Interesting...the local Jiffy Lubes here in eastern MA install "MileGuard" filters which are made by FRAM. Don't ask me how I know what they use, but no...I don't bring my personal cars there. Shame on you for even thinking that!
smirk2.gif
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back