Ultra8/Nippon 361-0702 Filter for rb26 Nissan CnO after 690 miles of HPL PPCEO

When servicing my customers Nissan Stagea Autech 260RS I noticed it had alot of buildup under the valve covers. This is the 2nd change on this oil.

See thread https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/full-1-ons040-filter-cut-open-after-hpl-oil.375994/

So here it is after another 1111km or 690miles of the same HPL PPCEO 5w40. The car had some body work and some other things sorted during this so I imagine alot of short run cold starts on this. I really like the construction of this filter.
1000013073.jpg

1000013072.jpg

1000013071.jpg

1000013074.jpg

1000013075.jpg

1000013076.jpg

So far I see some cleaning being done! Filter is remote mounted and sits on an downward angle. A Wix Silver 31361 when on for the next short interval. I did have to top off an add about 3/4 quart of new because of the remote filter location the lines drained out.

Currently wicking and will update this thread in about a day with those pictures.

Did you run the engine cleaner prior to going to straight HPL

I was told HPL EC30 is more of a light cleaner compared to their main oils which is said to have higher natural solvency. The purpose of the EC is to avoid overloading the filter during a full oil service life interval. Its still recommened to change the filter twice or more when running EC.

I was told HPL EC30 is more of a light cleaner compared to their main oils which is said to have higher natural solvency. The purpose of the EC is to avoid overloading the filter during a full oil service life interval. Its still recommened to change the filter twice or more when running EC.
It is a more mild cleaner and if OP saw build up in valve covers it should’ve been used especially due to that.

That filter looks excellent & well constructed. There's definitely some debris/carbon present. Would you say this run the filter appears "cleaner" than the previous run?

When servicing my customers Nissan Stagea Autech 260RS I noticed it had alot of buildup under the valve covers. This is the 2nd change on this oil.

See thread https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/full-1-ons040-filter-cut-open-after-hpl-oil.375994/

So here it is after another 1111km or 690miles of the same HPL PPCEO 5w40. The car had some body work and some other things sorted during this so I imagine alot of short run cold starts on this. I really like the construction of this filter.
View attachment 199934
View attachment 199935
View attachment 199936
View attachment 199937
View attachment 199938
View attachment 199939
So far I see some cleaning being done! Filter is remote mounted and sits on an downward angle. A Wix Silver 31361 when on for the next short interval. I did have to top off an add about 3/4 quart of new because of the remote filter location the lines drained out.

Currently wicking and will update this thread in about a day with those pictures.
I’m guessing more HPL 5w40 went in? Thank You

That filter looks excellent & well constructed. There's definitely some debris/carbon present. Would you say this run the filter appears "cleaner" than the previous run?
Initially looks like a little less stuff then the first filter. I told my customer lets go for 1000-1500km for the next filter check and as things progress start going longer after that. Probably switch in a fresh batch of oil maybe around summertime to be safe.

Initially looks like a little less stuff then the first filter. I told my customer lets go for 1000-1500km for the next filter check and as things progress start going longer after that. Probably switch in a fresh batch of oil maybe around summertime to be safe.
From what I can see it does look like the first run was worse than what shows up here. Sounds like you have a good plan. (y)

First pic is of carbon that fell out while cutting/handling the filter. So far so good. The HPL is doing its job and luckily not overloading the filter immediately. I said lets do 1500km for this next interval. BTW I am talking kilometers because its a JDM car.
1000013101.jpg

1000013102.jpg

1000013103.jpg

1000013104.jpg

First pic is of carbon that fell out while cutting/handling the filter. So far so good. The HPL is doing its job and luckily not overloading the filter immediately. I said lets do 1500km for this next interval. BTW I am talking kilometers because its a JDM car.
That's way more carbon/deposit's than what I seen on my 9,500 mile oil filter on the diesel in my sig. & you're right it doesn't appear to be a severely loaded filter. Great update!

Back