Anyone heard of "MaxxTech" Brass 9mm?

Got a few boxes of this "MaxxTech" brass case 115 9mm target ammo. Wasn't my first choice but we all know the circumstances. It is claimed to be non-corrosive, brass cased and made in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I do also have some Federal AE 9mm boxes too.

There's not much of anything for reviews about it, saw a few on Bass Pro ranging from "It's very dirty and malfuntions every round" to good experiences. I'm hesitant to take seriously firearm related advice from random reviews since there is a large degree of operator error in many cases.

I saw a couple random forum posts from a reloading forum that said it is pretty bad to reload. I'm obviously using Factory loads just for target practice. Has anybody had any experience with this? Just don't want something that will wear more/mess up my handguns.

Attachments

• maxx.jpg
    maxx.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 42
Yugoslav ammo.. several manufacturers there still after the war/breakup.

Its good to shoot. I would use a narc or jewelry scale and weigh EVERY round and bin the ammo. In a box of 500, I had about dozen 'weak' ones. No squibs but wouldn't cycle my worn out tired spring glock.

The scale and vernier caliper/micrometer inspection is what I do with ALL my ammo that isn't reputable US sourced.
I also 100% inspect all carry ammo, even if reputable.

Spotting bad rounds is easy with inspection. I use a revolver for my too heavy, too lite, too long/short ammo.
Perfect binning ammo for all the automatics eliminates common problems.

Bunch of Czech/Slovak/Phillipine/SouthCentral American/various Asian ammo showing up now. Any is better than none if you plink often and inspect all.

It goes bang, but if you reload do not buy it in the hopes that you can. It has a step inside the brass that prevents bullet set back, but interferes with most dies and is a weak spot at the step shoulder that separates and gets stuck in the chamber.

Attachments

• IMG_20161112_091713324_HDRa.jpg
    IMG_20161112_091713324_HDRa.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 154
i happily shot maxx tech 380acp awhile ago. i would be thrilled to find it now at a decent price. i’m not a reloader and i only shoot fmj ball ammo.

I shot maybe 100 rounds of 9mm MaxxTech-made Herters from Cabela's a few years ago. It was cheap, shot a bit soft, was a bit dirty, smelled a bit funny, but it generally worked fine in my Glock.

in 45 acp the case walls are to thick for a .452 cast bullet if you reload them and they will NOT chamber so I re cyle them with other brass.

Back